51 Degrees North
This article needs to be updated.November 2016)(
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Grigorij Richters|
|Produced by||Alexander Souabni|
|Written by||Grigorij Richters|
|Starring||Moritz von Zeddelmann|
|Music by||Brian May|
|Edited by||David Milkins|
51 Degrees North (sometimes stylized as 51° North) is a 2014 science fiction film written and directed by Grigorij Richters and starring Moritz von Zeddelmann, Steve Nallon, Jamie Doyle, Dolly-Ann Osterloh and Steven Cree. The film is visually presented as found footage shot from the perspective of various video recording devices, primarily from a hand-held camcorder operated by the main characters and from CCTV cameras and Social Media. The original soundtrack was composed by Queen and Brian May.
Damon Miller (Moritz von Zeddelmann) is a talented, young German filmmaker, living in London, grappling with the pressures of an impoverished profession and a dissolving relationship, who stumbles into the discovery that the Earth stands on the brink of an extraterrestrial disaster.
They inform Damon that the world will end in less than three weeks when a series of asteroids will strike the Earth. However, a glimmer of hope remains in the form of a secret spaceship orbiting the Earth that can house up to 2,000 people. In exchange for a ticket to this spaceship, they task Damon with documenting the final moments leading up to the asteroid strike.
Seeing an opportunity to save Ann and his unborn child, a chance to mend the rift his obsession has created, Damon accepts the assignment. As the end of days arrives, Damon watches London descend into madness, with families torn apart and friends lost. Armed only with his camera, Damon prepares to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the ones he loves.
- Moritz von Zeddelmann as Damon Miller
- Steven Cree as Michael Burlington
- Steve Nallon as Professor Richards
- Jamie Doyle as Frank
- Dolly-Ann Osterloh as Ann
- Frenzi as Frenzi
- Snoopy as Snoopy
51° North was shot between 2011 and 2014 in and around London, initially using a skeleton crew and employing guerrilla filmmaking tactics. The crew included stunt coordinator Greg Powell whose previous credits include the James Bond, Harry Potter, and Jason Bourne franchises.
- "agenturFILMGOLD :: Agentur für Schauspieler und Newcomer :: Moritz von Zeddelmann". agenturfilmgold.de. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Hannah Shaw-Williams. "Piccadilly Circus Descends Into Chaos For Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Film Shoot". Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- APTN News Report
- "Brian News - June 2014". brianmay.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Director Grigorij Richters launches 51 Degrees North feature film Kickstarter campaign". astronomy.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Asteroid Day: Everything you need to know about saving the world from space rocks". International Business Times UK. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 51 Degrees North.|