|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||30s 40s 50s – 60s – 70s 80s 90s|
|Years:||62 63 64 – 65 – 66 67 68|
|65 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||818|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)
2761 or 2701
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
2762 or 2702
|Coptic calendar||−219 – −218|
|- Vikram Samvat||121–122|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3165–3166|
|Iranian calendar||557 BP – 556 BP|
|Islamic calendar||574 BH – 573 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1847 before ROC
|Seleucid era||376/377 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||607–608|
Year 65 (LXV) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Nerva and Vestinus (or, less frequently, year 818 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 65 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- April 19 – The freedman Milichus betrays the Pisonian conspiracy led by Gaius Calpurnius Piso to kill the Roman emperor Nero and all the conspirators are arrested.
- Cestius Gallus becomes legate of Syria.
- After a stage performance in which he appears and shocks the senatorial class considerably, Nero engages in a series of reprisals against Seneca, Tigellinus, pro-republican senators, and anyone else he distrusts.
- Nero kills his pregnant wife, Poppea Sabina, with a kick to the stomach.
- The Gospel of Matthew is probably written between 60 and this year.
- Paul of Tarsus ordains Timothy as bishop of Ephesus (traditional date).
- In China, the first official reference to Buddhism is made.
- The first Christian community in Africa is founded by Mark, a disciple of Peter. Mark begins to write his gospel.
- Probable martyrdom date of the apostle Thaddeus, also called Saint Jude in Armenia.
- Probable martyrdom date of the apostle Simon the Canaanite in Armenia.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2016)|
- April 30 – Lucan, Roman poet and philosopher. (b. 39 AD)
- Poppea Sabina, wife of Nero. (b. 30 AD)
- Piso (Gaius Calpurnius Piso).
- Saint Jude, Christian martyr (in Armenia) (probably this year).
- Simon the Canaanite, Christian martyr (in Armenia) (probably this year).
- Seneca the Younger, Roman statesman, philosopher, and tutor of Nero. (b. c. 4 BC)