7 RCR (TV series)
|7 RCR...Projecting India's Future|
|Created by||ABP News|
|Directed by||Puneet Sharma|
|Narrated by||Chetan Bhagat|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||15|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||11 January
– 29 March 2014|
24 May 2014-7 June 2014
7 RCR...Projecting India's Future is an Indian television politics-based reality series/documentary series, hosted by Indian author, columnist, and speaker Chetan Bhagat on Hindi news channel ABP News, which premiered on January 11, 2014. This is a show of dramatized biographies of all those who have the mettle to make it to 7 Race Course Road, the Prime Minister's official residence, presented in the most interesting manner. It aims to bring to the audience the never seen before facts of Indian history.The 7 RCR show started immediately after the much critically acclaimed Pradhanmantri (TV Series) hosted by Shekhar Kapur. The show airs every Saturday at 10 PM on ABP news. 7 RCR is a show in lead up to Indian general election, 2014. Raghi Papiya Joshi and Sohan Thakur are casting Directors of the show. It showed 8 possible candidates for PM of India. The series is re-launched post-election with episodes on Narendra Modi's journey to 7RCR on May 24,2014.
- Sushil Parashar as Ambalal Khosti, RSS Pracharak
- Navni Parihar as Indira Gandhi
- Mohit Chauhan as Rajiv Gandhi
- Dharmesh Tiwari as Jaswant Singh
- Suzanne Bernert as Sonia Gandhi
- Kartik Soni as Rahul Gandhi
|Episode||Topic||Original Air date|
||Story Of Narendra Modi From 1950 To 2001||
||Story Of Narendra Modi In Controversial Years From 2001 To 2013||
||Truth Behind Brand Modi||
||Story Of Rahul Gandhi From 1970 To 2004||
||Story Behind Not Naming Rahul Gandhi As PM Candidate For 2014 General Elections||
||Story Of Arvind Kejriwal's Rise||
||Story Of Arvind Kejriwal - Jan Lokpal Bill To 49 - Day CM Of Delhi||
||Story Of Nitish Kumar - CM Of Bihar||
||Story Of Mayawati||
||Story Of Mulayam Singh Yadav||
||Story Of Jayalalithaa - AIADMK Supremo||
||Story Of Mamata Banerjee - CM Of West Bengal||
||Narendra Modi's Journey From Childhood To 7 RCR||
||Election Journey Of Narendra Modi To 7 RCR||
||Masterplan Of Narendra Modi's NDA Govt.||
|Episode 1||Story Of Narendra Modi From 1950 To 2001|
|Episode 2||Story Of Narendra Modi In Controversial Years From 2001 To 2013|
|Episode 3||Truth Behind Brand Modi|
|Episode 4||Story Of Rahul Gandhi From 1970 To 2004|
|Episode 5||Story Behind Not Naming Rahul Gandhi As PM Candidate For 2014 General Elections|
|Episode 6||Story Of Arvind Kejriwal's Rise|
|Episode 7||Story Of Arvind Kejriwal - Jan Lokpal Bill To 49 - Day CM Of Delhi|
|Episode 8||Story Of Nitish Kumar - CM Of Bihar|
|Episode 9||Story Of Mayawati|
|Episode 10||Story Of Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Episode 11||Story Of Jayalalithaa - AIADMK Supremo|
|Episode 12||Story Of Mamata Banerjee - CM Of West Bengal|
|Episode 14||Election Journey Of Narendra Modi To 7 RCR|
|Episode 15||Masterplan Of Narendra Modi's NDA Govt.|
The show noticed a huge engagement on social media with the #7RCR trending on Twitter for over 4 days in India on its launch. The hashtag was promoted heavily by ABP News through running contest on Twitter started on 18 January 2014. The lucky winners of the #7RCR contest were given iPad Mini. Following the 7RCR's success, Aaj Tak started a documentary series named Aandolan, which is narrated by Om Puri.
The producer of this series, ABP News, came under controversy over showing Arvind Kejriwal under negative light. Use of language on defining every aspect of his life has been overly negative. Arvind Kejriwal himself tweeted about his surprise over the episode on his life. ABP News itself in under criticism for producing biased news..
On the contrary, ABP News has appealed to Arvind Kejriwal to tell about the 'fictional' part of the show and has mentioned that he will be given space to clarify his stand.
- "Chetan Bhagat's '7 RCR' to go on air Jan 11". IANS. January 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- RACE FOR 7 RCR BEGINS ON ABP NEWS
- "ABP to telecast new show '7 RCR'". IANS. January 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "7 RCR- A New Series on ABP News". January 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Chetan Bhagat's '7 RCR' to go on air Jan 11". January 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Chetan Bhagat to narrate biographies of PM candidates in ABP News' new show 7 RCR". January 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Write things-Mumbai Mirror". January 11, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Re-launch of ABP News’ popular show 7 RCR; chance to win an iPad mini
- Suzanne Bernert to play Sonia Gandhi
- "Aaj Tak launches AANDOLAN". Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "ABP News stands by 7 RCR, requests Kejriwal to tell what is fictional in show, the channel will be happy to carry it". Retrieved 22 February 2014.