|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||50s 60s 70s – 80s – 90s 100s 110s|
|Years:||79 80 81 – 82 – 83 84 85|
|82 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||835|
|Chinese calendar||辛巳年 (Metal Snake)
2778 or 2718
— to —
壬午年 (Water Horse)
2779 or 2719
|Coptic calendar||−202 – −201|
|- Vikram Samvat||138–139|
|- Shaka Samvat||3–4|
|- Kali Yuga||3182–3183|
|Iranian calendar||540 BP – 539 BP|
|Islamic calendar||557 BH – 556 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1830 before ROC
|Seleucid era||393/394 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||624–625|
Year 82 (LXXXII) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Sabinus (or, less frequently, year 835 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 82 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Roman emperor Domitian becomes Roman Consul.
- Gnaeus Julius Agricola raises a fleet and encircles the Celtic tribes beyond the Forth, the Caledonians rise in great numbers against the Romans. They attack the camp of Legio IX Hispana at night, but Agricola sends his cavalry in and put them to flight.
- Calgacus unites the Picts (30,000 men) in Scotland and is made chieftain of the Caledonian Confederacy.
- Dio Chrysostom is banished from Rome, Italy, and Bithynia after advising one of the Emperor's conspiring relatives.
- Domitian levies Legio I Minervia.