A. Rajendran is an Indian politician and former Member of the Legislative Assembly of Tamil Nadu. He was elected to the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly from Polur constituency as a Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam candidate in 1989 and 1996.
Rajendran is a son of Veerapandi S. Arumugam, a Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) stalwart who helped him obtain his electoral candidacy. He was twice elected to the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly from Polur constituency as a DMK candidate, once in 1989 and the next time in 1996.
He plays an active role in various social organizations of the Tamil Jain community. He is a trustee of the Acharya Shri Akalanka Educational Trust which manages the Arihanthagiri Jain Math located at Tiruvannaamalai, Polur Taluk, Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu.
- 1989 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- 1996 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- Kolappan, B. (21 April 2016). "Descendants shine in party of rising sun". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 2016-04-21.
- "Polur Assembly Election 1996, Tamil Nadu". Empoweringindia.org. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Polur Assembly Election 1989, Tamil Nadu". Empoweringindia.org. 1989-11-21. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Tamil Nadu News : Four new Engineering Colleges in the offing". The Hindu. 2009-07-14. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Kalaivahini Educational Trust - Welcome to Oxford college of Engineering". Kalaivahini.org. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Welcome to the Akalanka Educational Trust". Akalanka-educational-trust.com. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
|This article about a Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|