AICAR Business School
|Type||Private business school|
|Location||Neral, Raigad, Maharashtra, India|
|Campus||Rural, 33 acres (0.13 km2)|
The Asian Institute of Communication and Research, better known as AICAR Business School or simply AICAR, is a management institute located in Matheran, about 90 minutes from Mumbai in India. AICAR is a residential institute.
AICAR Business School was established in 2002 by the co-founder and Chairman of Chaitra Leo Burnett, Mr. Walter Saldanha. It was inaugurated by Mr. Kerry Rubie, Vice Chairman, Leo Burnett Worldwide. Ivan Arthur, former national creative director of JWT India is a trustee and visiting faculty at the institute. In 2007 the institute entered into an alliance with Aptech Limited, a global retail and corporate training solutions provider headquartered in Mumbai.
The course includes specializations in Communications, Marketing, Financial Services, Banking Insurance and Finance, Aviation Business and Human Resource Management. AICAR offers Management Development Programmes (MDPs) which are both general and industry specific.
The Management Development Programmes (MDPs) are designed for working executives.
Situated 1.5 km from the Neral Railway Station and 1.5 hours by train or car from Mumbai, it has easy access to the Mumbai metropolis and Pune.
Board of Governors
- Walter Saldanha (Chairman), Chairman and Managing Director of Chaitra Holdings Pvt. Ltd..
- Ivan Arthur (Vice Chairman), former National Creative Director of Hindustan Thompson Associates, now known as JWT,
- Ninad Karpe, CEO and MD, Aptech,
- Dr. Pramod Khera, Managing Trustee
- Subodh Sapra, former President, Polyester Sector, Reliance Industries,
- Homi Ayrton, Chartered Accountant,
- Ravi Dighe, Executive Vice President of Aptech, and Managing Trustee,
- T. Ravishankar, Executive Vice President of Aptech,
- R. Krishnan, Executive Vice President of Aptech
The Director is Dr.S.Kutty.
Switch, the campus channel
The school has launched Switch, India's first campus channel. Conceived and nurtured by Anand Kurian, Switch features news and discussions, sport and entertainment. The channel is run by a board of directors, consisting of students of the school.
Switch was inaugurated by the Chairman of Cadbury, Mr. C. Y. Pal; he described it as ‘an example of the power of an innovative idea’.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AICAR Business School.|