A Monument to the Death of an Idea
|A Monument to the Death of an Idea|
|EP by Enochian Theory|
|Studio||The Old Blacksmiths Studios, Portsmouth|
|Producer||Rich Tamblyn and Enochian Theory|
|Enochian Theory chronology|
|Zero Tolerance Magazine||.|
In June 2006, Enochian Theory entered The Old Blacksmiths studios in Portsmouth with Emmy nominated producer and engineer Rich Tamblyn and began to record the tracks for their second record, entitled A Monument to the Death of an Idea.
The band had written several new songs since the release of the Our Lengthening Shadows E.P and had chosen to completely rework two of the songs from that E.P for inclusion on the new recording.
After lengthy rehearsal and last minute musical changes the E.P's five tracks were recorded, mixed and co-produced by the band in four days.
Work then began on artwork for the CD with the concept and realisation being done completely by the band themselves. This was finalised in August with the E.P now ready for release.
Initially available only through the band's website and shows, the band would form their own record label to support the release and signed with CODE 7/Plastic Head Distribution to ensure worldwide distribution for the CD.
Press coverage followed with the CD being well received by music publications. Rock and metal magazine Powerplay, dubbed it "Excellent stuff" and "A little bit of musical magic". Classic Rock Magazine were equally impressed saying "If you like your prog full of planet splitting drama...Enochian Theory are the band for you".
In April 2007 the band signed a distribution deal with Plastic Head Media Distribution for the download single release of "Namyamka".
It was released to rock and internet radio stations and was accompanied by a professionally shot promotional video for the song, which was made available for request on rock channels Kerrang! TV, Scuzz and Rockworld TV.
Reviews of the single were in the same vein as those of the E.P, with such comments as "Enochian Theory perform soaring, atmospheric, progressive, modern rock of the quality that seems to have been missing from the UK scene for many years" from Rock3Music.com and "Enochian Theory are about to explode and there's nothing we can do about it" from Black Velvet.
The combination of the two releases lead to the band's first successful U.K tour, which had been booked for them by The S-a-N Agency.
- “A Countermeasure In Hindsight” (Written by Enochian Theory, Lyrics by Harris-Hayes) – 8:41
- “For Those With Conscience” (Written by Enochian Theory, Lyrics by Harris-Hayes) – 5:35
- “Traversing The Edge Of Dawn” (Written by Enochian Theory, Lyrics by Harris-Hayes) – 7:12
- “Our Lengthening Shadows” (Written by Enochian Theory, Lyrics by Harris-Hayes) – 6:36
- “Namyamka” (Written by Enochian Theory, Lyrics by Harris-Hayes) – 5:08
- Ben Harris Hayes – Vocals and Keyboards
- Shaun Rayment – Bass guitar
- Sam Street – Drums and percussion
- Scott Ware – Guitar
- Power Play – Rock & Metal magazine, ISSN 1474-287X, May 2007 issue , number 87 Archived July 25, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. – CD review
- Classic Rock – Rock & Metal magazine, published by Future Publishing, ISSN 1464-7834, May 2007 issue – CD review
- Zero Tolerance – Rock & Metal magazine, published by Obdurate Ltd, May 2007 issue- CD review
- Big Cheese Magazine, ISSN 1365-358X, May 2007 issue, number 87 – Namyamka – Cover CD Inclusion
- Rock Hard Magazine, Germany, May 2007 issue – Album review
- Interview and feature – June 2007 issue, number 88 – Power Play – Rock & Metal magazine, ISSN 1474-287X
- Black Velvet Magazine, number 54 – Namyamka – Single Review
- On-line review of Namyamka single
- On-line review of Namyamka single
- Enochian Theory Website
- Enochian Theory MySpace
- Anomalousz music records website