|Born||June 5, 1984|
Michigan City, Indiana, United States
|Occupation||Screenwriter, sound designer|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
He attended Ohio State University and graduated from the University of Southern California in 2011 with a MFA in film production. He took part in numerous productions for the USC School of Cinematic Arts as a sound designer.
Covington co-wrote the screenplay for the 2015 film Creed, a spin-off-sequel to the Rocky film series, starring Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan, with Ryan Coogler, who also directed the film. Covington is a personal friend of Coogler, and the two worked together with Stallone to green-light the film with MGM studios.
- "Aaron Covington – Sound Designer". Retrieved June 30, 2015.
Aaron Covington is from Northwest Indiana, just outside of Chicago. He studied communication (marketing/advertising) at Ohio State University and has done sound and editing work for various films. He received his MFA in film production at the University of Southern California in May, 2011.
- "Chat with #CREED writer Aaron Covington". Spreecast. Archived from the original on May 9, 2016. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- "First Film 2012 – Screening 4 – USC School of Cinematic Arts". USC School of Cinematic Arts. 2012. Archived from the original on July 1, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- "First Film 2012 – Screening 2 – USC School of Cinematic Arts". cinema.usc.edu. USC School of Cinematic Arts. 2012. Archived from the original on July 1, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- "First Look 2010 – Screening 5 – USC School of Cinematic Arts". cinema.usc.edu. USC School of Cinematic Arts. 2010. Archived from the original on July 1, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Fischer, Russ (February 25, 2015). "'Creed' Synopsis Says Rocky Balboa Has His Own Battle in the New Film". slashfilm.com. Slashfilm. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
We'll find out when Creed opens on November 25. Ryan Coogler (Fruitvale) directs from a script he wrote with Aaron Covington.
- Marshall, Rick (April 14, 2015). "Rocky Balboa is back in the ring in first photo from spinoff, Creed". digitaltrends.com. Digital Trends. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
The film is based on a script penned by Coogler and Aaron Covington, and was shot on location in Philadelphia, Rocky's hometown.
- Cheney, Alexandra (December 3, 2013). "Ryan Coogler on Writing 'Creed' and Resurrecting Rocky Balboa". blogs.wsj.com. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
Coogler met Stallone prior to production on "Fruitvale" and had "a really honest conversation about these two men," said Coogler, who is co-writing "Creed" with a screenwriting friend, Aaron Covington. As soon as Stallone signed on, the two deled [sic] deeper into developing the script, which is still being written.
- Yamato, Jen (December 16, 2014). "'Dear White People's Tessa Thompson Lands 'Creed' Lead". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
Coogler, who scripted with Aaron Covington, teamed with Stallone to pitch the project to MGM and is helming it as his follow-up to his Cannes-, Gotham- and Spirit Award-winning 2013 debut Fruitvale Station.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (July 24, 2013). "'Fruitvale Station' Duo Ryan Coogler And Michael B. Jordan Team With Sly Stallone on MGM 'Rocky' Spinoff 'Creed'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
MGM is setting Ryan Coogler to direct Creed, and the studio is in early talks with Coogler's Fruitvale Station star Michael B. Jordan to play the grandson of Apollo Creed in a continuation of the Rocky saga that Coogler is going to write with Aaron Covington.
- Kroll, Justin (July 24, 2013). "'Fruitvale Station' Team Eyeing 'Rocky' Spin-Off 'Creed' With MGM". Variety. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
Sylvester Stallone is on board to reprise his role as Rocky Balboa, with Coogler penning the script along with Aaron Covington. Deadline Hollywood broke the news.
- Wiedey, Bryan (September 2, 2016). "'NBA 2K17' story mode co-stars Michael B. Jordan and Hannibal Buress". sportingnews.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.