Aaron Hillegass (born 1969) Is the founder and CEO of Big Nerd Ranch. Aaron is best known to many programmers as the author of Objective-C: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X, and iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide.
Between 1995-1997, he was employed at NeXT as a developer and trainer. In 1997, NeXT merged with Apple Computer. Hillegass elected to leave his role to start his own dot-com business. In 2000, he was then contracted by Apple to help train their software developers in the Cocoa application programming interface (API), an evolution of the NEXTSTEP API. This led to the creation of Big Nerd Ranch, a professional services company that originally worked only with Apple technologies. Today, Big Nerd Ranch provides end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, backend, frontend, Cocoa and UX/UI design.
In April 2015 his new Book "Cocoa Programming for OS X - Edition 5" starts in the Apple iBook Store. Now he teaches Swift instead of Objective-C.
- Christian Keur; Aaron Hillegass; Joe Conway (2014). iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide. Big Nerd Ranch. 4th Edition (February 2014). ISBN 0-321-94205-1.
- Aaron Hillegass and Mikey Ward (2013). Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide. Big Nerd Ranch. 2nd Edition (November 2013). ISBN 0-321-94206-X.
- Aaron Hillegass and Adam Preble (2011). Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X. Addison-Wesley. 4th Edition (November 2011). ISBN 0-321-77408-6.
- Bio at Big Nerd Ranch
- Big Nerd Ranch
- Working at Big Nerd Ranch: An Interview with Aaron Hillegass
- Apple Lab/Mac4ever WWDC interview with Aaron Hillegass
- TUAW at Big Nerd Ranch
- Interview with Aaron Hillegass by Scott Stevenson
- Hillegass, Aaron. "A Big Nerd Trades His Corner Office for a Cubicle". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|