Aaron Seeman is an American composer, pianist, and accordion player, who has distinguished himself by adapting punk rock, popular music, show tunes, and cartoon theme songs for the accordion, as Duckmandu.
Duckmandu's repertoire also includes adaptations of Klezmer, Classical Country, and Polka pieces, as well as conventional accordion repertoire - polkas and tangos - at bar mitzvahs, weddings and Oktoberfest celebrations.
Maximum Rock 'n Roll, the premier punk magazine, pronounced him "warble for warble spot-on Jello" for his note-for-note renditions of the entire first Dead Kennedys album, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. He currently resides in Oakland, California.
Seeman was a founding member of the eclectic Romanian Music-inspired folk group Fishtank Ensemble. Seeman is a founding member, arranger, and vocalist with San Francisco's Punk Rock Orchestra, which performs full scale orchestral versions of classic punk songs. He also plays accordion in the bands Shamalamacord, Polkacide, and Red Hot Chachkas.
- Shut the Duck up and Play your Accordion (2007)
- Fishtank Ensemble, Live at the Freight & Salvage (2007, DVD of live performance of Fishtank Ensemble)
- Samurai Over Serbia (2007, with Fishtank Ensemble)
- Fresh Duck for Rotting Accordianists (2005)
- Super Raoul (2005, with Estradasphere)
- Fishtank at the Fishtank (2004, with Fishtank Ensemble)
- It's Understood (2000, with Estradasphere)
- California (1999, with Mr. Bungle)
- Guthmann, Edward (18 March 2013). "Polkas to punk, he squeezes to please". SF Gate. San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Gross, Josh. "Duckmandu Sings the Hits and the Elements". The Boise Weekly. Boise Weekly. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Yu, Henry. "The Classical". Maximum Rock and Roll. Archived from the original on 6 May 2004. Retrieved 26 April 2013.