He has been director of the guitar programs at both Peabody Conservatory and North Carolina School of the Arts. He held an honorary doctorate from Duquesne University where he was a faculty member at the Mary Pappert School of Music from 1996 till his death in 2008.
Shearer has many publications, including his well-known Classical Guitar Technique method books, his three-volume Learning the Classic Guitar series and his newly released The Shearer Method-Classic Guitar Foundation with DVD and CD.
Aaron had two older brothers, Buford Carl Shearer who died in 1988 and Gwen Dean Shearer who died in 1987.
- The Shearer Method- Classic Guitar Foundations - with DVD and CD (2012)
- "Aaron Shearer: A Life With The Guitar-DVD" (2004)
- Learning the Classic Guitar - Part 1 (1990)
- Learning the Classic Guitar - Part 2 (1990)
- Learning the Classic Guitar - Part 3 (1991)
- Classic Guitar Technique - Volume I (1963)
- Classic Guitar Technique - Volume II (1969)
- Guitar Note Speller (1985)
- Official website The Aaron Shearer Foundation
- Guitar International: Brad Conroy reviews "Aaron Shearer Classic Guitar Technique", Third Edition
- Aaron Shearer: A Life With The Guitar
|This article on a classical guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|