Abdul Aziz Said
|Abdul Aziz Said|
|Alma mater||American University|
|Employer||School of International Service|
|Board member of||Search for Common Ground|
|Website||AU's Faculty Profile|
Abdul Aziz Said is a Syrian-born writer and senior-ranking professor of international relations in the School of International Service at American University where he has taught since 1957. He is the first occupant of the endowed Mohammed Said Farsi Chair of Islamic Peace; director-emeritus and founder of AU's Center for Global Peace, which undertakes a range of activities aimed at advancing the understanding of world peace; and founding director of the International Peace and Conflict Resolution department at the School of International Service.
Said is a frequent lecturer and participant in national and international peace conferences and dialogues, and is deeply involved with a number of professional associations and Service Academies. His past and current public service includes consulting the United States Information Agency, United States Department of State, the United States Department of Defense, the United Nations Development Program, and the White House Committee on the Islamic World. In 2007 he was awarded the El-Hibri Peace Education Prize.
Since joining the American University faculty in 1957, Said has written or edited over a dozen books and published in many journals. He has served on the Board of Directors of Search for Common Ground since 1995.
- Jafari, Sheherazade; Said, Abdul Aziz (2011). "Islam and Peacemaking" (PDF). In Allen Nan, Susan; Mampilly, Zachariah Cherian; Bartoli, Andrea. Peacemaking: From Theory to Practice. Praeger security international. 1. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger. ISBN 9780313375774. OCLC 715288234.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Funk, Nathan C (2010). "Toward Global Community: Sufism and World Order" (PDF). Religious Studies and Theology. London: Equinox Publishing. 29 (1). ISSN 0829-2922. OCLC 61311974.
- Funk, Nathan C; Said, Abdul Aziz (October 30, 2008). Islam and Peacemaking in the Middle East. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner Publishers. ISBN 9781588265692. OCLC 255039046.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Abu-Nimer, Mohammed; Sharify-Funk, Meena (2006). Contemporary Islam: Dynamic, Not Static. New York: Routledge. OCLC 466532090.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Sharify-Funk, Meena, eds. (2003). Cultural Diversity and Islam. Lanham, MD: University Press of America. ISBN 9780761825227. OCLC 52090456.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Funk, Nathan C; Kadayifici, Ayse, eds. (2001). Peace and Conflict Resolution in Islam: Precept and Practice. Lanham, MD: University Press of America. ISBN 9780761820062. OCLC 46421886.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Lerche Jr, Charles O; Lerche III, Charles O (1995) . Concepts of International Politics in Global Perspective (4th ed.). Prentice Hall. ISBN 9780131746404. OCLC 4496450.
- Said, Abdul Aziz, ed. (1978). Human Rights and World Order. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books. ISBN 9780878557189. OCLC 4076147.
- Said, Abdul Aziz (1977). Ethnicity and U.S. Foreign Policy. Praeger special studies. New York: Praeger Publishers. ISBN 9780030218064. OCLC 728955501.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Simmons, Luiz R. S., eds. (1976). Ethnicity in an International Context: The Politics of Disassociation. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books. ISBN 9780878551101. OCLC 440779752.
- Simmons, Luiz R. S.; Said, Abdul Aziz, eds. (1974). Drugs, politics, and diplomacy: The International Connection. International yearbooks of drug addiction and society. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications. ISBN 9780803902213. OCLC 1153420.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Simmons, Luiz R. S., eds. (1971). The New Sovereigns: Multinational Corporations as World Powers. A Spectrum book. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. ISBN 9780136157991. OCLC 234088427.
- Said, Abdul Aziz, ed. (1970). America's world role in the 70's. A Spectrum book. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. ISBN 9780130325730. OCLC 64770.
- Said, Abdul Aziz; Collier, Daniel M (1968). Revolutionism. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon. OCLC 124780.
- Said, Abdul Aziz (1968). The African Phenomenon. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon. OCLC 413196.
- Said, Abdul Aziz, ed. (1968). Theory of International Relations: The Crisis of Relevance. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. OCLC 443332.
|This Syria biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|