Abdul Razzak Yaqoob
|Abdul Razzak Yaqoob|
7 May 1944|
Surat, Gujrat, British India
|Died||21 February 2014
|Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Occupation||Founder and Chairman of ARY Group of television media companies|
Abdul Razzak Yaqoob (Urdu: عبد الرزاق يعقوب; 7 May 1944–21 February 2014), popularly known by his name initials, as ARY, was a Pakistani media mogul, industrialist, philanthropist, and the businessman who founded and was the owner of the ARY Group of Companies.
During the era of the British Empire in India, his parents migrated from Surat, British India to Karachi in 1944. He moved to Dubai from Pakistan in the 1960s and established an outlet in Dubai to buy and sell gold there.
In 1972, Yakoob established the ARY Group and opened its first outlet in Fikri market Deira, Dubai. Due to his philanthropy and extensive social work amongst the community, he was well respected by Pakistanis around the world.  ARY Group launched a private television channel- ARY Digital in 2000 in Pakistan during President Pervez Musharraf government period in Pakistan which was later expanded to include ARY News, ARY Musik and ARY Qtv television channels.
- Memon people
and World Memon Organisation
- "ARY Founder Haji Abdul Razzaq passes away". Dawn. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 28 Aug 2016.
- http://www.dawn.com/news/1088706, Founder of ARY Group passes away, Dawn newspaper, Published 22 Feb 2014, Retrieved 28 Aug 2016
- "'Manufacturing 70% of our jewellery will reduce costs'". Gulf News. 7 August 2008. Retrieved 28 Aug 2016.
- Burns, John F. (9 January 1998). "Haji Abdul Razzaq Yaqoob dies: tributes for Dubai-based Pakistani businessman". Gulf News. Retrieved 28 Aug 2016.
- http://prideofpakistan.com/detail-who-is-who.php?name=HajiAbdulRazzaq&id=295, Profile of Abdul Razzak Memon on prideofpakistan.com website, Retrieved 28 Aug 2016
|This business-related Pakistani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|