Abel & Baker
Number of employees
Abel & Baker was formed in 1999 from a merger of the three digital agencies Speedway Digital Army, Out There Communication and Nation. The agency had offices in Stockholm, Malmö, Copenhagen, Helsinki, London and Paris. The agency closed down in 2002 following the IT crash, and the London operations were acquired by Wheel: Group. The Abel & Baker brand was used until 2003, when Wheel: redesigned its group structure. Wheel: was acquired by LBi in 2006, and LBi and Digitas were subsequently both acquired by Publicis Groupe and were merged to form DigitasLBi in 2013.
- Wisten, Eva (23 August 1999). "New web agency Abel & Baker wants to fill a gap in the industry". Dagens Media.
- Fletcher, Richard (11 February 2001). "Abel & Baker London office". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Abel & Baker opens UK office with Neser taking MD position". Campaign. 9 February 2001.
- White, Jeremy (21 June 2002). "Wheel Group grabs Abel & Baker UK to expand digital offer". Campaign.
- "Wheel drops Abel & Baker brand in group redesign". Econsultancy. 6 May 2004.
- Bussey, Noel (June 12, 2008). "Digitas president defects to LBi". Campaign.
- Parekh, Rupal (February 5, 2013). "Digitas and LBi merge to form global digital network". Ad Age.