From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up abstinence in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Abstinence is a voluntary restraint from indulging a desire or appetite for certain bodily activities that are widely experienced as giving pleasure.
Forms of abstinence include
- Coerced abstinence, a drug rehabilitation technique
- Fasting and abstinence in the Roman Catholic Church
- Fasting and abstinence of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
- Sexual abstinence
Abstinence may also refer to:
- Abstinence (band), an experimental industrial music project
- "The Abstinence", a Seinfeld episode
- Abstinence theory of interest in classical economics
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Abstinence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.