According to Mathew
|According to Mathew|
Theatrical Release Poster
|Directed by||Chandran Rutnam|
|Produced by||Chandran Rutnam|
|Written by||Christie Eliezer & James Rutnam|
|Edited by||James Rutnam|
|Distributed by||US Distribution|
According to Mathew is an upcoming Sri Lankan English film directed by Chandran Rutnam. It is a romance, crime and thriller film based on the crimes of Father Mathew Pieris, Anglican priest of the Church of St Paul the Apostle, Kynsey Road, Colombo, who was convicted of the double murders of his wife ( Eunice Pieris) and Russel Ingram, the husband of his lover in 1979.
The film stars Jacqueline Fernandez, a former Miss Sri Lanka Universe and Bollywood actress (who is making her English-language debut in the film) and Alston Koch. Directed by Sri Lankan filmmaker Chandran Rutnam. This is also her first cinematic appearance in a Sri Lankan movie.
The story is based on the affair and the murders by Father Mathew Pieris, priest of St. Paul's Church, who was later "condemned to death by hanging" for the murder of his wife and the husband of his mistress.
- Jacqueline Fernandez as Daphne Reynolds
- Alston Koch as Father Mathew Pieris
- Kian O'Grady as Randy Reynolds
- Bimsara Premaratne as Eunice Pieris
- Ryan Wijayaratne as Steven
- Gavin Ludewyke as Detective Cruse.
- Tribune – Volume 23, Issues 27–52 -1979 Page 72 "The Rev Mathew Pieris, former Vicar of St. Paul's Church, Kynsey Road, Colombo who was yesterday produced before a packed Court in connection with the deaths of his wife Eunice Lois Pieris and Russell Ingram who was a boarder...
- Asiaweek 1979– Volume 5 – Page 11 "Crime The Vicar and the Widow The Case of the Vicarage Murders has all the ingredients of a spine- tingling thriller. At the centre of the plot is the ... him with conspiracy and murder. His wife, Eunice Felicia Lois Peiris, 59, was comatose in the general hospital in Colombo for 42 days before expiring 19 Mar.- The boarder, Russell Ingram, 32, had died six months earlier after a coma that lasted 42 days.
- Tribune – Volume 24, Issues 26–39 – Page 16 1980 "Mathew Peiris and Mrs. Dalrene Ingram on five counts of conspiracy to murder and murdering their spouses."
- "Jacqueline Fernandez (Popular Bollywood Actress) & Alston Koch on short list for major roles". Lanka Page. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "'Vicarage Murder' plot for Hollywood". Wijeya Newspapers Ltd.Colombo. Sri Lanka. 27 January 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Jacky to return to her roots?". Wijeya Newspapers Ltd.Colombo. Sri Lanka. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- "Alston Koch and Jacqueline Fernandez short listed for film on 'Vicarage Murders'". The Times of Sri Lanka. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Jackie wants a classic wedding". The Asian Age. 12 July 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-07-18. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "Jacqueline Fernandez to return to her roots". Mid Day. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "Movie on Father Mathew Peiris set for Hollywood". Colombo Gazette. 7 July 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "No fights with anyone (Sajid Khan): Jacqueline Fernandez". ibnlive.in.Com. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "'According to Mathew' is a true story of the life and times of Fr. Mathew Peiris". The Times of Sri Lanka. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "According to Matthew – A Film on The Most Diabolical Murders of Our Time". PR Inside. 14 June 2013. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "REV. MATHEW PEIRIS v. THE ATTORNEY-GENERAL". Lawnet. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Official International Trailer
- Mathew and me(Acclaimed film-maker Chandran Rutnam speaks to Kumudini Hettiarachchi on why he chose the controversial Vicarage double murder as his latest film)
- Sri Lanka going Hollywood By Susitha R. Fernando (Optimistic with young talents veteran filmmaker predicts Sri Lanka cinema reaching international heights)
- Dr. Terrence de Silva who helped crack the Fr Mathew Peiris case recalls that particular day
- ‘According to Matthew’ REVISITED
- ‘According to Matthew’ awaits its public jury
- Preview – According to Matthew
- ‘The truth must be told’ According to Matthew
- According To Matthew: A film of lustful desire that ended in a double murder in a vicarage
- MATHEW, ACCORDING TO RUTNAM
- ‘‘The Truth Must Be Told’’