|Past members||Richie Lee|
Acetone is an American alternative rock band formed in 1992 in Los Angeles, California, from the three core members of the group Spinout, formed in 1987. The group consisted of Mark Lightcap on guitar, Richie Lee on bass and Steve Hadley on drums. The group disbanded after Lee committed suicide on July 23, 2001.
In 2017 a compilation Acetone 1992–2001, including nine previously unreleased tracks, was released.
The group's influences included the Beach Boys, Gram Parsons and the Velvet Underground. Establishing themselves as an alternative rock group, they had also incorporated genres ranging from neo-psychedelia to roots rock and country into their music.
- Acetone (EP) (1993) (Vernon Yard Records)
- Cindy (1993) (Vernon Yard Records)
- I Guess I Would (1995) (Virgin Records)
- If You Only Knew (1996) (Vernon Yard)
- Acetone (1997) (Vapor Records)
- York Blvd. (2000) (Vapor Records)
- Acetone 1992–2001 (Compilation) (2017) (Light in the Attic Records)
- Mark Lightcap – guitar, vocals
- Steve Hadley – drums
- Richie Lee – bass guitar, vocals
- James, Falling (September 26, 2017). "Lost '90s Anti-Rockers Star as Themselves in a New Book and Double Album". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- NICHOLS, NATALIE (February 3, 2001). "Taking a Dreamy Ramble With Alt-Roots-Rock Acetone". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "Acetone's Richie Lee Dies at 34". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2018-06-24.
- "The Quietus | Reviews | Acetone". The Quietus. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "Haruomi Hosono + Acetone | Barbican". www.barbican.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- Acetone. AllMusic