This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||Chemical engineer from IIT Mumbai|
Achyut Godbole (born 1950) is a Maharashtrian and Marathi and English writer from Solapur, Maharashtra, India. His interests are music, literature, economics, science, management psychology, and information technology, and he has written books in these topics.
Achyut Godbole was born in Solapur and completed his school education from H D Highschool, Solapur. He became a chemical engineer from IIT Mumbai in 1972. His father was very talented.He was the topper in the university where he completed his B.Sc. His father had 98% in physics and 100% in maths at the time of M.Sc
Godbole has over 32 years of experience in the IT industry and has headed top management positions in companies like Patni Computer Systems, Syntel, L & T Infotech, Apar and Disha. He was responsible for multifold growth of these organisations. He contributed to building various companies in terms of capacity and capability, like Patni Computer Systems as GM from the strength of 20 to 1000, Syntel as Managing Director from 30 to 1000, L&T InfoTech as CEO from 400 to 2000, Apar Technologies as CEO from 20 to 600 and Disha Technologies as Executive Director from 200 to 450.
Godbole also played a role of independent judge in various selection activities including the prestigious Maharashtrian of the Year awards for 2011 arranged by Lokmat where the panel included Ashutosh Gowarikar, Dhanraj Pillay, Julio Ribeiro, Medha Patkar, Rajdeep Sardesai and Shobha De besides him.
Godbole is well known for his writings in Marathi and English. He is a prolific writer in all genres and has produced numerous original works as well as adaptations of works from other languages into Marathi. His writing style is informative and yet very informal. This enables his readers to enjoy the process of assimilating knowledge on diverse subjects. His books are one of the highest selling books in Marathi. He has written many columns in Newspapers.
Books in Marathi
- Sanganakyug (computers) - संगणक- युग (कॉम्प्युटर, माहितीपर, मार्गदर्शनपर)
- Boardroom (management) - बोर्डरूम (बिझनेस आणि व्यवस्थापन, वैचारिक, माहितीपर)
- Nadvedh (music) - नादवेध (अनुभव कथन, ललित, संगीत विषयक)
- Kimayagar (science) - किमयागार (शास्त्र)
- Arthat (economics) - अर्थात (अर्थशास्त्र, शैक्षणिक)
- Gulam (slavery) - गुलाम (सामाजिक)
- Thaiman Changalvadache (psychology) -थैमान चंगळवादाचे
- Nanodaya (nanotechnology)- नॅनोदय (विज्ञानविषयक, टेक्नोलॉजी)
- Steve Jobs (biography)-- स्टीव्ह जॉब्ज (चरित्र)
- Manat (psychology) - मनात
- Musafir (autobiography) - मुसाफिर (आत्मकथन, अनुभव कथन, माहितीपर)
- Ganiti (mathematics) - गणिती (शैक्षणिक, विज्ञानविषयक)
- Zapoorza - Parts 1, 2 & 3 (English literature) - झपूर्झा (शैक्षणिक, माहितीपर, साहित्य आणि समीक्षा, मार्गदर्शनपर)
- Canvas (Western painters and paintings)- कॅनव्हास (कलाकौशल्य, भेट देण्यासाठी निवडक, माहितीपर)
- Jag Badalnare 12 Genius - जग बदलणारे १२ जीनिअस
- Limelight - लाईमलाईट (व्यक्तिचित्रण, चरित्र, चित्रपट)
- जीनिअस अल्बर्ट आईनस्टाईन
- जीनिअस अलेक्झांडर फ्लेमिंग
- जीनिअस एडवर्ड जेन्नर
- जीनिअस गॅलिलिओ गॅलिली
- जीनिअस आयझॅक न्यूटन
- जीनिअस जे. रॉबर्ट ओपेनहायमर
- जीनिअस लीझ माइट्नर
- जीनिअस लुई पाश्चर
- जीनिअस मेरी क्युरी
- जीनिअस स्टीफन हाॅकिंग
- Great Bhet - ग्रेट भेट
- Anarth (dangers of human life)
Books in English
- Operating Systems
- Data Communication and Networks
- Web Technologies
- Demystifying Computers – This is used as textbooks worldwide. Many are translated in different languages like Chinese.
Columns in newspapers and magazines
- Zapoorza (English literature)
- Tantra-Mantra (technology)
- Bakhar Sangankachi (history of computers)
- Udyache jag (tomorrows world)
- Vaidyakayan (history of medicine)
- Pranijagat (animals)
- Vidnyanvad (science)
- Manat (Psychology)
Awards and recognition
- President of Yuva-Natya Sahitya Sammelan held in 2011
- TEDx lectures on information Technology.
- ‘Distinguished Aluminus’ by IIT, ‘Udyogratna’
- Award by prime minister for excellent performance of his company
- ‘Kumar Gandharva Award' by Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
- ‘Sahyadri Navratna’, ‘Indradhanu’ awards and ‘Dr. Parnerkar Award’ for contribution to Economics
- Sonopant Dandekar Award for contribution to Psychology by Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad, Pune,
- N. C. Kelkar Award for ‘Nanoday’, Utung Jeevan Gungaurav Puraskar and Jan kalyan Samiti's Puraskar for contribution to IT and other fields such as Science, Mathematics, Technology, Management, Music, Economics, Psychology and Literature
- Labhasethwar Puraskar for 2015
- "Mr. Achyut Godbole | Alumni and Corporate Relations". www.iitb.ac.in. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "'असे का'च्या शोधातून घडली वाचनआवड!". Maharashtra Times. 2 May 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "बातम्या&NewsDate=20160124&Provider=अच्युत गोडबोले firstname.lastname@example.org&NewsTitle=अर्थसंकल्प २०१६: आरोग्य आणि शिक्षणावर भर हवा (अच्युत गोडबोले) अर्थसंकल्प २०१६: आरोग्य आणि शिक्षणावर भर हवा (अच्युत गोडबोले)". Archived from the original on 4 June 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "बातम्या&NewsDate=20160131&Provider=अच्युत गोडबोले (email@example.com)&NewsTitle=महासत्तेपेक्षा आनंदी समाज हवा! (अच्युत गोडबोले) महासत्तेपेक्षा आनंदी समाज हवा! (अच्युत गोडबोले)". Archived from the original on 3 June 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2019.