Acton Vale, Quebec
Municipal library of Acton Vale
Location within Acton RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 26, 2000|
|• Mayor||Éric Charbonneau|
|• Federal riding||Saint-Hyacinthe—Bagot|
|• Prov. riding||Johnson|
|• Total||91.20 km2 (35.21 sq mi)|
|• Land||90.98 km2 (35.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||84.2/km2 (218/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||1.1%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
|Highways|| Route 116
Acton Vale is an industrial town in south-central Quebec, Canada. It is the seat of the Regional County Municipality of Acton (MRC d'Acton) and is in the Montérégie administrative region. The population as of the Canada 2011 Census was 7,664. The town covers an area of 90.96 km².
Founded in 1862, the town was named for Acton, a suburb of London, England. The name is a derivative of Oak town, which became Acton. It has shoe, rubber, and woolen industries. The town was formerly a copper-mining center.
(R) Revised count - Statistics Canada - February 10, 2009.
Mother tongue language (2006)
- Éric Charbonneau - Mayor
Mayors of Acton Vale
The town of Acton Vale counts several places of worships;
- Roman Catholic Church (Priest Joseph Lèbre)
- Evangelist Baptist Church (Moderator George Corriveau)
- Anglican Church
- Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
La Pensée de Bagot  is the local newspaper for Acton Vale and the region.
- Acton Vale -
- Lavoie - a community south of the Acton Vale community (but within the municipality of Acton Vale) on Highway 139.
- Reference number 142187 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- Geographic code 48028 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (French)
- Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: SAINT-HYACINTHE--BAGOT (Quebec)
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Acton Vale, Quebec
- Localisation Archived February 19, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- Statistics Canada - Corrections and updates - February 10, 2009
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Acton Vale, Quebec
- La Pensée de Bagot
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Acton Vale, Quebec.|