From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up actor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An actor is a person who plays a role in theater, cinema or television.
Films and entertainment
- Actor (album), a 2009 album by St. Vincent
- Actor (1993 film), a 1993 film by Iranian director Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Actor (2016 film), an Indian Kannada psychological thriller
- A Screen Actors Guild Award, also known as the Actor
Science and computing
- Actants, also called "actors", in actor-network theory (a general theory of sociological behaviour), the one who performs the act
- In Interactions of Actors Theory, excitations in any medium able to produce action, a theory of cybernetics
- Actor (UML), in requirements analysis and UML
- Actor model, in concurrency, refers to a model of concurrent computation
- Actor (programming language), an early object-oriented programming integrated development environment (IDE) for the Windows operating system
- Actor, one of the two semantic macroroles in Role and reference grammar
- Actor, a person who performs an action in a 'real-world', non-theatrical situation
- Actor (law)
- Actor (mythology), in Greek mythology, refers to a number of characters, including the father of Menoetius and Astyoche
- Actor (policy debate), the entity that enacts a certain policy action
- ACTOR (A Commitment to Our Roots), former name of The Hero Initiative
- Backhoe, part of a digging machine, sometimes called "back actor"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Actor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.