Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up actor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An actor is a person who plays a role in theater, cinema or television.
Films and entertainment
- Actor (album), a 2009 album by St. Vincent
- Actor (1993 film), a 1993 film by Iranian director Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Actor (2016 film), an Indian Kannada psychological thriller
- A Screen Actors Guild Award, also known as the Actor
Science and computing
- Actants, also called "actors", in actor-network theory (a general theory of sociological behaviour), the one who performs the act
- In Interactions of Actors Theory, excitations in any medium able to produce action, a theory of cybernetics
- Actor (UML), in requirements analysis and UML
- Actor model, in concurrency, refers to a model of concurrent computation
- Actor (programming language), an early object-oriented programming integrated development environment (IDE) for the Windows operating system
- Actor, one of the two semantic macroroles in Role and reference grammar
- 12238 Actor, Jovian asteroid
- Actor, a person who performs an action in a 'real-world', non-theatrical situation
- Actor (law)
- Actor (mythology), in Greek mythology, refers to a number of characters, including the father of Menoetius and Astyoche
- Actor (policy debate), the entity that enacts a certain policy action
- ACTOR (A Commitment to Our Roots), former name of The Hero Initiative
- "Actor", a 2015 song by Joker Xue
- Backhoe, part of a digging machine, sometimes called "back actor"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Actor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.