|Born||Aad el Achkar
August 17, 1988
|Known for||Art and photography|
Ad Achkar (born August 17, 1988 in rural Beirut, Lebanon) is a Lebanese fine-art photographer and artist. He graduated at USEK Université Saint-Esprit de Kaslik with highest possible academic degree for his senior project 'God bless our homes'.
Following an open call in April 2011 for a competition of young Arabic photographers he joined the competition together with 150 other emerging photographers. Fifteen photographers were chosen to be part of an exhibition in Dubai. The Dubai jury ranked Ad Achkar first place in late 2011.
Ad Achkar has a wide range of interests, one main focus is nature and the relation between humans and nature and the resulting problems. In his work 'God bless our homes', a work that evokes associations with the Arte Povera, all decorative items are recycled objects.
- 2010 Beirut Art Book Fair, Beirut, Lebanon
- 2011 Ayyam Gallery, Dubai, Emirate of Dubai
- 2012 snap! Downtown Orlando, Florida, US
- 2011 serie God bless our home displayed at De Prague, Beirut, Libanon 
- 2014 One with nature, Self-portraits installation at Nahr El Kalb, near Beirut, Lebanon, 04.Sep - 09.Sep. 2014, see a interview on MTV Libanon at youtube, some Photos of the Installations are published on https://adachkar.see.me/exposure2015