Ada... A Way of Life
|Ada... A Way of Life|
|Directed by||Tanvir Ahmad|
|Produced by||Kazaan Ahmad|
|Written by||Tanvir Ahmad|
|Music by||A. R. Rahman|
|Edited by||Tamal Chakraborty|
Ada... A Way of Life is a 2010 Hindi musical film written and directed by Tanvir Ahmad, with music by A. R. Rahman, described by Time Magazine in 2005 as "India's most prominent movie songwriter" and "by some computations, the best-selling recording artist in history". Rahman composed the songs for Ada in 2001, after completing the score for Lagaan, but Ahmad's plans for the film were shelved. Though the music was composed for the original concept, the film features a new script as well as different actors, as it stars debuting actor Ayaan Ahmed, the director's son. Along with its notable composer, the soundtrack also features award-winning singer Jayachandran, contributing vocals for the first time to a Hindi language film.
The director, Tanvir Ahmed, describes this film as "a tale of a noble father, a religious mother and a gangster son in Mumbai City".
It is the tale of Ayaan, son of the noble Anil Anand, and the spiritual Aamina. Ayaan’s world is turned upside down when Anil starts receiving death threats if he goes ahead with his testimony against some criminals.
The murder of his father sets Ayaan on a course of revenge and killing against the criminals of Mumbai, as he becomes a contract killer.
To promote the film, Nokia and Big Music combined to launch a contest allowing contributors to remix two of the soundtrack songs, the winner of which—selected by Rahman—will have the opportunity to work with Rahman in the composer's studio. In support of the unusual promotion, Nokia launched its Nokia XpressMusic mixer, a positioning strategy not only to promote the film but also Nokia's music phones in advance of the launch of the Nokia MusicStore.
|Ada... A Way of Life|
|Soundtrack album by A.R.Rahman|
|Released||20 May 2008|
|Recorded||Panchathan Record Inn
The soundtrack features 10 songs, composed by A. R. Rahman and lyrics penned by Nusrat Badr and Raqeeb Alam. The album was released in India on 20 May 2008 by Big Music, two years before the release of the film.
Lyrics by Nusrat Badr except where noted
|1.||"Gulfisha"||Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan||4:44|
|2.||"Gum Sum"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||4:20|
|3.||"Hai Dard"||Udit Narayan||4:56|
|4.||"Hawa Sun Hawa"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||6:02|
|5.||"Ishq Ada" (Female Version)||Raqeeb Alam||Parul Mishra||3:48|
|6.||"Ishq Ada" (Male Version)||Raqeeb Alam||Rashid Ali||3:38|
|7.||"Meherbaan"||A. R. Rahman||3:51|
|8.||"Meherbaan" (Instrumental)||Sanjeev T||3:02|
|9.||"Milo Wahan Wahan"||Alka Yagnik, Jayachandran||6:24|
|10.||"Tu Mera Hai"||K. S. Chithra, Sukhwinder Singh, Naresh Iyer||4:58|
- Corliss, Richard. (1 January 2005). That Old Feeling: Isn't It Rahmantic? Time Magazine. Retrieved on 25 May 2008.
- Tuteja, Joginder. (20 May 2008) ADA - Rahman's immediate soundtrack after LAGAAN Glamsham Enfotainment Magazine. Retrieved on 25 May 2008.
- Bollywood Hungama News Network. (29 April 2008) A.R. Rahman announces a tie-up of 'Ada' with Nokia & Big Music Indiafm.com. Retrieved on 25 May 2008.
- NR. (18 May 2008) Jayachandran sings for a Hindi movie nowrunning.com. Retrieved on 25 May 2008.
- Taran Adarsh. Authentic Release Dates. Bollywood Hungama
- ADA...A Way of Life Official Trailer on YouTube
- Businessofcinema.com Team. (28 April 2008) AR Rahman, Big Music, Nokia team for Ada music businessofcinema.com Retrieved on 25 May 2008.
- Joshi, Priyanka. (5 May 2008) Nokia music phone price to go down Business Standard. Retrieved on 25 May 2008.
- Planet Bollywood Music Review
- "Ada...A Way Of Life - Music Review". Music Aloud.
- Bollywood Hungama Music Review