Ada Lovelace Award
The Ada Lovelace Award is given in honor of the English mathematician and computer programmer, Ada Lovelace, by the Association for Women in Computing. Founded in 1981, as the Service Award, which was given to Thelma Estrin, it was named the Augusta Ada Lovelace Award, the following year.
The award is given to individuals who have excelled in either of two areas: outstanding scientific technical achievement and/or extraordinary service to the computing community through accomplishments and contributions on behalf of women in computing.
|1984||Ruth M. Davis|||
|1985||Amy D. Wohl|||
|1986||Margaret H. Hamilton|||
|1989||Jean E. Sammet|||
|2000||Adele Mildred ("Milly") Koss|||
|2001||Dorothy E. Denning|||
|2002||Frances E. Allen|||
|2004||Anita K. Jones|||
|2005||C. Dianne Martin|
- Webster, Valerie J. (2000). Awards, Honors & Prizes: United States and Canada. Gale Group. ISBN 9780787634018.
- "Association for Women in Computing". Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- Deibel, Katherine (November 22, 2006), "Women in Computing" (PDF), History of Computing (CSE P590A) Lecture Notes, retrieved 2018-10-20
- Lee, J. A. N., "Grace Brewster Murray Hopper", Computer Pioneers, IEEE Computer Society, retrieved 2018-10-20
- Mote, C. D. (Dan), Jr. (2013), "Ruth M. Davis, 1928–2012", Memorial Tributes, National Academies Press, 17: 74–79
- "Wohl will be honored at AWC meet", Computerworld, p. 24, June 24, 1985
- "Software – and a woman – at the heart of lunar triumph", Wired
- Jean E. Sammet, 2009 Computer Pioneer Award Recipient, IEEE Computer Society, retrieved 2018-10-20
- About Anita Borg, AnitaB.org, retrieved 2018-10-20
- "Awards", ENIAC Programmers Project, retrieved 2018-10-20
- Monthly Newsletter, Association for Women in Computing, Northern New Jersey Chapter, October 1998, retrieved 2018-10-20
- Author biography for Koss, Adele Mildred (April 2007), "CDC, Raytheon, and Harvard University: Three Early Data Management Systems", IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, 29 (2): 55–65, doi:10.1109/mahc.2007.19
- 2001 Lovelace Award goes to Dr. Dorothy Denning, Association for Women in Computing, April 15, 2002, retrieved 2018-10-20 – via Eurekalert
- "Frances ("Fran") Elizabeth Allen", Turing Award Winners, Association for Computing Machinery, retrieved 2018-10-20
- Association for Women in Computing Names Carol Bartz for Highest Honor; Autodesk CEO Receives Augusta Ada Lovelace Award, June 16, 2003, retrieved 2018-10-20 – via Businesswire
- CS Author Anita Jones Recognized by NAE, IEEE Computer Society, October 4, 2010, retrieved 2018-10-20