Conley with the Miami Marlins
|Miami Marlins – No. 61|
Born: May 24, 1990|
|June 10, 2015, for the Miami Marlins|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 21, 2018)
|Earned run average||4.56|
Conley was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 32nd round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft out of Olympia High School in Olympia, Washington. He did not sign and attended Washington State University. He was then drafted by the Florida Marlins in the second round of the 2011 Major League Baseball Draft.
Conley made his professional debut for the Gulf Coast Marlins that year. He started the 2012 season with the Greensboro Grasshoppers and was promoted to the Jupiter Hammerheads during the season. He played the 2013 season with the Double-A Jacksonville Suns. He started 2014 in Triple-A for the New Orleans Zephyrs.
Conley made his major league debut on June 10, 2015.
On April 29, 2016, Conley was pulled while pitching a no-hitter against the Milwaukee Brewers on the road with two outs in the eighth inning. The bullpen would go on to blow the no-hitter and the shutout in the ninth inning.
On July 3, 2016, Conley started the Fort Bragg Game,the first time an MLB game was played at an active military base. He pitched the bottom half of the first six innings, allowing no runs scored, and was the winning pitcher. On August 14, 2016, he was placed on the 15-day disabled list with tendonitis of his left third-finger. He finished the season 8-5 with a 3.85 ERA in 133 1⁄3 innings. He struggled the next season, posting an ERA of 6.14 in 102 2⁄3 innings. He finished with an 8-8 record.
Conley proposed to longtime girlfriend Kendall Mays on April 19, 2010. They were married on September 10, 2011, in Olympia, Washington. The couple has two daughters; Amelia Lynn, born on February 27, 2015, and Ella Mae, born March 29, 2017, along with one adopted son named Bearett John who was born June 22, 2013.
- MEG WOCHNICK; Staff writer (June 8, 2011). "Marlins, friends call Conley". Theolympian.com. Archived from the original on April 11, 2014. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- The Miami Herald (June 7, 2011). "Marlins' 2nd Round Pick Has Some Fight To Him". Miamiherald.typepad.com. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "WSU's Conley drafted by Florida Marlins". Kitsapsun.com. January 4, 2014. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Cougar Adam Conley gets promotion and debut win". Washingtonstate.scout.com. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- Wochnick, Meg. "Olympia graduate impresses". Theolympian.com. Archived from the original on April 11, 2014. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "No-hitter lost in 9th, Marlins hang on vs. Brewers". mlb.com. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "About the Conleys". Know Better Love. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Day Two Thousand and Twenty-Five". Know Better Love. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Day Thirteen Hundred and Eighty-One". Know Better Love. Retrieved March 19, 2018.