|Occupation||Founder & Owner WriteAPrisoner.com|
Adam Lovell (born September 25, 1977) is the founder and owner of WriteAPrisoner.com. He has been featured on 20/20, FoxNews, E! True Hollywood Story, CNN, and many other media outlets. Lovell is an advocate for prisoners' rights and families of prisoners. The entrepreneur emphasizes reducing recidivism through letter writing and regularly works with the different Department of Corrections toward this goal. He has expanded the site beyond letter-writing to include self-help guides for inmates to improve their lives and sometimes writes articles offering suggestions for ex-offenders looking for work.
Lovell was born in Pennsylvania in 1977. He has resided in Florida since 1986. Lovell is a former ocean lifeguard and emergency medical technician with the Volusia County Beach Patrol. His work with inmates inspired GoDaddy owner Bob Parsons to interview Lovell for GoDaddy Radio's first anniversary show, citing the widespread influence WriteAPrisoner.com has had with inmates and their families. His work has been reported in a wide range of media sources. Because of its unique access to inmates, his website is often utilized by media when discussing a broad spectrum of justice system stories. For example, Business Insider launched its legal section using stories garnered through WriteAPrisoner.com.
Lovell maintains a blog on WriteAPrisoner.com to personally address specific topics. His launching of WriteAPrisoner.com was described in the Mensa International Research Journal as an example of giftedness in the workplace for his unique approach to reducing recidivism in the United States.
- Jessica Gressko (2009-07-29). "Prisons ban inmates from soliciting for pen pals". Associated Press. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Kristin Tillotson (2010-04-26). "Prisoners seeking pen pals". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Scott J. Croteau (2009-06-01). "Connecting from the inside; Web offers inmates chance to communicate, form relationships". TheFreeLibrary.com. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Barbara Walters (2005-08-19). "ABC's 20/20". ABC. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- THS Investigates: Love Behind Bars at the Internet Movie Database
- Neal Moore (2011-03-28). "Employment Upon Release". CNN. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- Adam Lovell. "Trading Your Cell in for a Cubicle". Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- WriteAPrisoner.com (2011-03-31). "Adam Lovell Owner Bio". WriteAPrisoner.com. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- Go Daddy LIVE Is on the Air – Listen Live Every Wednesday
- Abby Rogers (2012-12-01). "Prisoners Across America Have Been Sending Us Letters By The Hundreds". Business Insider. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Finding Your Niche or Creating Your Niche? You Decide" Mensa Research Journal, Vol. 39, No. 2.
- WriteAPrisoner website