|Full name||Adam Craig Parore|
23 January 1971 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|Test debut (cap 171)||5 July 1990 v England|
|Last Test||3 April 2002 v England|
|ODI debut (cap 80)||31 October 1992 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||8 February 2002 v South Africa|
|ODI shirt no.||67|
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 4 May 2017
Adam Craig Parore (born 23 January 1971) is a former wicket-keeper and batsman for the New Zealand cricket team. He played 78 Test cricket matches for New Zealand and 179 One Day International cricket matches. Latterly, Parore is the managing director of financial services firm Adam Parore Mortgages.
He also holds the record for the highest One Day International innings score without a boundary (96 vs India, in Baroda, 1994).
After representing New Zealand for more than a decade, Parore retired from international cricket, his last Test match played against England in Auckland in 2002. He finished with 204 Test dismissals, a New Zealand record.
In 2003 he married socialite and television presenter Sally Ridge, with whom he had two children, and ran a sports clothing company. Ridge and Parore were involved in a controversial house demolition when they wanted to demolish a 100-year-old house and replace it with a new building.
In 2006, Parore started his own business, Adam Parore Mortgages as a mortgage broker.
|Test centuries of Adam Parore|
|||100*||16||West Indies||Christchurch, New Zealand||Lancaster Park||1995||Drawn|
|||110||73||Australia||Perth, Australia||WACA Ground||2001||Drawn|
One Day International centuries
|One Day International centuries of Adam Parore|
|||108||24||South Africa||Verwoerdburg, South Africa||Centurion Park||1994||Lost|
- Cricket Selectors Change Team in Bid to Get Lucky, International Herald Tribune, Retrieved on 19 October 2007
- Most One Day International runs without a boundary, Cricinfo, Retrieved on 16 January 2009
- Tests – Most dismissals for New Zealand, Cricinfo, Retrieved on 19 October 2007
- Orsman, Bernard (25 March 2006). "Celebrity couple can demolish house". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Schulz, Chris (20 September 2010). "What the Kiwi gossip mags say". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Judge keeps Sally Ridge, Adam Parore asset wrangle secret", 22 March 2012, NBR
- Rebecca Lewis and Rachel Glucina (4 July 2010). "Tough times for Sally Ridge". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Pepperell, Susan (22 May 2011). "Adam Parore conquers Mt Everest". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- "Parore sorry for fat attack". Stuff.co.nz. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Harbourside wedding for cricketer and model bride". nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Stumps pulled on Adam Parore's marriage to Miller Rose". Stuff. Retrieved 2016-12-19.