Milstein Family Foundation
|Founders||Adam and Gila Milstein|
|Purpose||Jewish, Israel education|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
The Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation (MFF) is a Los Angeles, California-based nonprofit foundation which aims to strengthen the State of Israel and its ties to the United States of America, as well as to strengthen the Jewish identity of American Jews and their connection to Israel.
The mission of the foundation is to educate and train students and young professionals to identify with their Jewish roots and to connect with and advocate for the State of Israel. The foundation has three main operating principles: "Active Philanthropy," "Life Path Impact," and "Philanthropic Synergy". "Active Philanthropy" means that the foundation remains actively involved, investing time and resources to ensure the impact and success of the organizations, projects, and programs they support.
The foundation funds and supports dozens of organizations, often in concert with several other philanthropic organizations.
The foundation also offers grants to support students on college campuses. The grants are available to help fund cultural events, coalition-building initiatives, campaigns and social media activism led by students.
In partnership with the American-Israel Educational Foundation (AIEF), the educational wing of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), MFF created the Campus Allies Mission to Israel and the Campus Allies delegation to AIPAC's annual Policy Conference. The initiatives "engage African-American, Christian, and Latino student leaders and educate them to become advocates for Israel." The Campus Allies Mission to Israel is for non-Jewish, pro-Israel student leaders and activists who have not been to Israel and are ineligible for Birthright Israel.
In December 2015, MFF partnered with the Israeli Video Network to launch an "Inspired by Israel" video contest, with the purpose of showcasing how people are inspired by Israel.
The foundation provided the staff support and funding behind the Talk Israel mobile app, which launched in December 2015 with the goal to "bring the pro-Israel community together."
In July 2017, MFF launched its "Milstein Meme Competition" in an effort to find the "funny side of pro-Israel activism." Adam Milstein said, "This contest is a fun way for us to express our love and support for Israel with wit and levity."
In January 2018, the foundation launched the website Virtually Israel 2.0, which hosts virtual reality tours of popular sites in Israel. Adam Milstein said the videos show "Israel is not a war zone" but "a place of peace and prosperity and happiness and innovation, a place that anybody should go and enjoy."
According to MFF's webpage, the organizations that it supports include:
- Academic Exchange
- Aish Los Angeles
- AMCHA Initiative
- Birthright Israel
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Israel Allies Foundation
- "Milstein Family Foundation". AdamMilstein.org.
- "Israeli-American group names new leaders ahead of national conference". JNS. September 17, 2015. Archived from the original on April 17, 2016.
- "Our Mission". Milstein Family Foundation.
- "Adam Milstein: The making of a philanthropist". Tribe. November 6, 2015. Archived from the original on July 21, 2016.
- "'Active' philanthropist Adam Milstein a growing connector in the Jewish world". JNS. February 16, 2015. Archived from the original on December 2, 2016.
- "Grants available for campus pro-Israel campaigns". JWeekly. March 13, 2015.
- Alex Kane (2019-03-26). "RIGHT-WING DONOR ADAM MILSTEIN HAS SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO STIFLE THE BDS MOVEMENT AND ATTACK CRITICS OF ISRAELI POLICY". The Intercept.
- "A Campus Allies alumna shares her story". Times of Israel. July 8, 2015.
- "Milstein Family Foundation Campus Allies Mission to Israel". AIPAC.
- "Israel Video Network Launches 'Inspired by Israel' Video Contest". JNS.
- "Israel advocacy goes mobile". JNS. October 13, 2015.
- "Memeing for Israel". The Jerusalem Post. July 31, 2017.
- "Milstein Family Foundation Names Winners of 2nd Annual Pro-Israel Meme Contest". JNS. December 20, 2017.
- "You Can Now Experience Israeli Tour Spots On Virtual Reality". Jewish Journal. January 31, 2018.
- "Who We Support".