Adedoyin Rasaq, Salami
|Chairman, Economic Advisory Council (EAC)|
|Assumed office |
16 September 2019
April 4, 1963
Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State of Nigeria
Adedoyin "Doyin" Rasaq Salami, (born April 4, 1963) is a Nigerian and an economist who, in November 2017, completed a two-term (8-year) stint as member of the Central Bank of Nigeria's (CBN) Monetary Policy Committee. He is the current chairman of a newly formed Economic Advisory Council (EAC), that will be reporting directly to the Nigerian President.
Adedoyin, who is also a Senior Fellow/Associate Professor and full-time member of the faculty at the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University, began his career with Adetutu & Co. Ltd., before joining the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria, as a Lecturer in the Department of Economics. Adedoyin's term as member of the CBN's policy committee ended in November 2017.
A 1989 doctorate degree graduate in Economics of Queen Mary College, University of London, Adedoyin Salami's research interests include issues in corporate long-term financial management; macroeconomic policy; corporate competitiveness and risk management; and characteristics of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). He is chair of Economic Advisory Council that was constituted by President Buhari and he is to report directly to the president.
From lecturing at the a University of Lagos, Adedoyin has built a career in consulting, establishing the research firm Edward Kingston Associates in 1997, which he merged with Softskills in 2014 to form Kainos Edge. His other consulting activities include assignments for the Coca-Cola Nigeria and Equatorial Africa (CCNEAL), Department for International Development (DFID), World Bank, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and serving as Peer Reviewer for the International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) review of its Nigeria strategy.
A member of the Federal Government of Nigeria's Economic Management Team during the tenure of late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, Adedoyin also served as Vice-Chair (under the leadership of Alhaji Ahmed Joda) of the Transition Committee for President Muhammadu Buhari. A member of the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) Advisory Group for Sub-Saharan Africa (AGSA), he is also a member of the Board of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) and had the privilege of being Co-Chair of the Central Organising Committee for the Nigerian Economic Summit in 2009.
Adedoyin has written extensively on the Nigerian economy. And he currently sits on the boards of the African Business Research Ltd., First World Communities, and Diamond Pension Fund Custodian.
Appointment as the chairman of EAC
- Salami, Adedoyin. "Monetary Policy Committee (Composition)". www.cenbank.org. Central Bank of Nigeria. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Soludo, Rewane, Salami named in Buhari's new economic team". Punch Newspapers Nigeria. 16 September 2019. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- Salami, Adedoyin. "Salami Adedoyin". lbs.edu.ng. Lagos Business School. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Salami, Adedoyin. "Partner". www.kainosedge.com. KainosEdge. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Salami, Adedoyin. "Adedoyin Salami - Director". www.diamondpfc.com. Diamond Pension Fund Custodian. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Buhari appoints new Economic Management Team, names Doyin Salami, Soludo, six others members". Premium Times Nigeria. 16 September 2019. Retrieved 16 September 2019.