Adelaide of Auxerre (born c. 870)
(Redirected from Adelaide of Auxerre (born c. 849))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Duchess consort of Burgundy|
|Noble family||Elder House of Welf|
|Spouse||Richard, Duke of Burgundy|
|Father||Conrad II, Duke of Transjurane Burgundy|
|Mother||Waldrada of Worms|
In 888, she married Richard, Duke of Burgundy. They had probably three or five children :
- Rudolph of France, who married Emma of France, daughter of Robert I of France
- Hugh the Black
- Boson (895-935)
- Adelaide of Burgundy, married Reginar II, Count of Hainaut.
- Ermengarde of Burgundy (born c. 905 and died c. 945)
- Christian Settipani, La Noblesse du Midi Carolingien. Études sur quelques grandes familles d'Aquitaine et du Languedoc, du IXe au XIe siècles. Toulousain, Périgord, Limousin, Poitou, Auvergne, Linacre College, Unit for Prosopographical Research, 2004, p. 27 (lire en ligne).
- Timothy Reuter. The Annals of Fulda.
- Constance B. Bouchard. The Bosonids or Rising to Power in the Late Carolingian Age.
- Constance B. Bourchard, Those of my Blood: Constructing Noble Families in Medieval Francia (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2001)