|Alma mater||Film and Television Institute of India|
|Occupation||film director, writer, producer|
Aditya Kripalani (born 20 October 1981) is an Indian filmmaker, writer, musician and producer. He is best known for his books Backseat, Frontseat and Tikli and Laxmi Bomb. He made his directorial debut in 2017 with the film Tikli and Laxmi Bomb which won the Best Feature Film at the 10th Berlin independent Film Festival in and the Best Film on Gender Equality at the 20th UK Asian Film Festival Asian Film Festival in London, both in 2018. The film also won Best Actress and Festival’s choice Best Film award at the New Jersey International Film festival 2018 and Best Supporting Actor and Best Film at the Out of the Can Film Festival in Derby in 2018. It is now available on Netflix. The film is based on his third novel of the same title. His second film titled Tottaa Pataaka Item Maal opened at the Garden State Film Festival in 2018 followed by the Kala Ghoda Film Festival and the UK Asian Film Festival. It’s also now available on Netflix worldwide. Aditya's third film, titled Devi Aur Hero won the prestigious NETPAC award for Best Film, at the 25th Kolkata International Film Festival in November 2019. He has also worked as a writer and Creative Director in advertising with agencies such as Lintas, JWT Singapore, Leo Burnett, Kuala Lumpur and McCann Singapore. His novels, songs, ads and films all have a very clear attempt at shaping the world into a certain kind of place and are rife with an attempt to make sense of and challenge social issues. 
- Srivathsan Nadadhur (12 August 2017). "Aditya Kripalani: A natural storyteller". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Nadadhur, Srivathsan (12 August 2017). "Aditya Kripalani: A natural storyteller" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Sex workers are not martyrs or sad: Aditya Kripalani on upcoming film 'Tikli and Laxmi Bomb'". 17 April 2017.
- "Swara Bhaskar: My next role as a sex worker will be challenging - Times of India".
- "I am not insecure about work: Swara Bhaskar - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 30 December 2016.
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|