Adrian Shaw (footballer)
|Full name||Adrian Shaw|
|Date of birth||13 April 1966|
|Place of birth||Murton, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|1984–1985||→ Halifax Town (loan)||10||(0)|
|2004||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Adrian Shaw (born 30 April 1966) is an English football coach and former player.
Born in Murton, County Durham, Shaw played for Murton Juniors before joining Nottingham Forest as an apprentice. He signed a professional contract with the club in December 1983 and was loaned to Halifax Town in December 1984. He made 10 appearances before the loan expired in March 1985, signing for the club permanently later that month. Shaw was released by Halifax in May 1988 and after a few weeks with Bridlington Town in non-League football signed for Fourth Division York City in October on a trial basis. His debut came in a 1–1 draw at home to Doncaster Rovers on 25 October, making six appearances for the club before being released. He joined Chesterfield in December, where he made 50 league appearances and scored three goals before a serious groin injury forced his retirement from professional football. Shaw returned to non-League football to finish his playing career with Gainsborough Trinity.
After retiring as a player, Shaw organised a football in the community scheme in Lincolnshire. He moved into coaching at Lincoln City as football in the community officer, before returning to Chesterfield as a coach. He returned to another former club, York, as youth team coach, before being promoted to first team coach. Shaw was Terry Dolan's assistant manager at York, until the pair were sacked by the club on 31 May 2003. He had a spell as manager of the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines national side in 2004.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946–2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 555. ISBN 978-1-85291-665-7.
- Jarred, Martin; Windross, Dave (1997). Citizens and Minstermen, A Who's Who of York City FC 1922–1997. Citizen Publications. p. 91. ISBN 9780953100507.
- Meynell, Johnny (2005). The Definitive Halifax Town A.F.C. Tony Brown. p. 86. ISBN 9781899468249.
- "Adrian Shaw". Shaymen Online. Archived from the original on 13 March 2007.
- "Adie Shaw". The Press. York. 9 August 2000. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "York City sack Dolan". BBC Sport. 31 May 2003. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- Courtney, Barrie (2 February 2005). "2004 matches: North and Central America and Caribbean". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 7 April 2012.