Aeneas Mackintosh (priest)
1 July 1927|
|Died||8 December 1998 (aged 71)|
|Education||Kelham Theological College|
|Spouse(s)||Eileen Mary Barlow (m. 1956)|
|Ordained||1952 (deacon); 1953 (priest)|
|Title||The Reverend Canon|
Education and family
Born Inverness, he was educated at Kelham Theological College in Nottinghamshire, 1944–45 and 1948–52. He was ordained as a deacon in 1952 and a priest in 1953. In 1956, he married his wife Eileen Mary Barlow, and they had four sons: Richard, Mark, Simon and Christopher.
- Precentor at St Andrew's Cathedral, Inverness, 1952–55.
- Curate at St Augustine's Church, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, 1955–57.
- Curate-in-charge at St Matthew's, Glasgow, 1957–60, and then Rector, 1960–61.
- Rector of Haddington, East Lothian, 1961–65.
- Diocesan Inspector of Schools for the Diocese of Edinburgh, 1963–81.
- Assistant priest at St John's, Edinburgh, 1965–69, and then Rector, 1969–81.
- Senior Tutor, Diocese of Edinburgh Training for Ministry (T.F.M.), 1972–87.
- Canon of St Mary's Cathedral, Edinburgh, 1975.
- Rector of North Berwick and Gullane, 1981–87.
- Provincial Information Officer and Communication Advisor, 1987–92.
He retired in June 1992 and died on 8 December 1998.
- Bertie 2000, Scottish Episcopal Clergy, p. 353.
- Bertie, David M. (2000). Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689–2000. Edinburgh: T & T Clark. ISBN 0567087468.
|Scottish Episcopal Church titles|
Keith Appleby Arnold
| Rector of St John's, Edinburgh
1969 – 1981
|This biography of a Scottish religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|