Aero Boero AB-180
|Role||Civil utility aircraft|
|Variants||Aero Boero AB-150|
The Aero Boero AB-180 is an Argentine civil utility aircraft, a substantially improved development of the AB-95. It featured a more powerful engine and incorporated the aerodynamic changes made on the AB-115 and improved on them. The first example flew in 1967 and was in production until 2000.
- AB-180RV – long-range version
- AB-180RVR – glider tug
- AB-180 Condor – high-altitude version of 1971 with optional turbocharger (4 built)
- AB-180Ag – agricultural aircraft with 270 l (66 US gal) belly tank for chemicals
- AB-180SP – 180Ag with an additional set of short wings to make a sesquiplane. In this variant, the agricultural application liquid is carried within the short wings, rather than in a belly tank. The added wings allow a fully loaded stall speed of 56 km/hr (35 mph), compared to 89 km/hr (55 mph) in the AB-180Ag.
- AB-180PSA – two-seat primary training aircraft
- Argentine Air Force
- Club de Planeadores Rosario
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1993–94 
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 2 passengers
- Payload: 288 kg (635 lb)
- Length: 7.08 m (23 ft 2¾ in)
- Wingspan: 10.78 m (35 ft 4½ in)
- Height: 2.05 m (6 ft 8¾ in)
- Wing area: 17.41 m² (187.4 ft²)
- Airfoil: Modified NACA 23012
- Aspect ratio: 6.67
- Empty weight: 602 kg (1,327 lb)
- Useful load: 288 kg (635 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 890 kg (1,962 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Textron Lycoming O-360-A1A air-cooled flat-four, 134 kW (180 hp at 2700 rpm)
- Propellers: 1
- Never exceed speed: 245 km/h (132 knots, 152 mph)
- Maximum speed: 225 km/h (122 knots, 140 mph) at sea level
- Cruise speed: 201 km/h (108 knots, 125 mph)
- Stall speed: 73 km/h (40 knots, 45 mph) (flaps down)
- Range: 1,180 km (636 nmi, 733 mi)
- Service ceiling: 7,000 m+ (23,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 5.21 m/s (1,025 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 51.1 kg/m² (10.47 lb/ft²)
- Power/mass: 6.64 kg/kW (10.9 lb/hp)
- Related development
- Mondey, David Encyclopedia of The World's Commercial and Private Aircraft, p. 9 New York, Crescent Books (1981).
- Lambert 1993, pp. 1–2.
- Lambert, Mark. Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1993–94. Coulsdon, UK:Jane's Data Division, 1993. ISBN 0-7106-1066-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aero Boero AB-180.|