African Export–Import Bank
|Headquarters||72B, El Maahad El-Eshteraky Street, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.|
|Benedict Okey Oramah (CEO and President)
Amr Kamel (Executive Vice President)
Denys Denya (Vice President)
Georges Elombi (Vice President)
|Products||International Trade and Development Finance|
|Revenue||Net US$20.5 million (2013)|
|Total assets||US$4.4+ billion (2013)|
Non-African Financial Institutions
African & Non-African Individuals
|Website||African Export–Import Bank|
African Export–Import Bank, also referred to as Afreximbank, is an International financial institution, headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, whose primary objective is to promote and finance trade within the African continent and trade between Africa and other continents.
The headquarters of Afreximbank are located at 72 (B) El Maahad El Eshteraky Street, in the Heliopolis neighborhood in the city of Cairo, the capital and largest city in Egypt. The bank maintains a second branch at 2 Gnassingbe Eyadema Street, Asokoro, Abuja, the capital city of Nigeria. The bank's third branch is located at Eastgate Building, Third Floor, North Wing, Gold Bridge, in Harare, the capital and largest city in Zimbabwe.
Africa Export–Import Bank is a large multilateral financial service organization, with total assets valued at US$4.4 billion and shareholders' equity of US$707 million, as of December 2013.
- Class "A" Shareholders - African governments, African central banks, and African regional Institutions.
- Class "B" Shareholders - African private investors and African financial institutions.
- Class "C" Shareholders - Non-African financial institutions, export credit agencies, and private investors
- Class "D" Shareholders - Other institutions and individuals.
- African Development Bank
- PTA Bank
- East African Development Bank
- West African Development Bank
- Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Ngugi, Brian (26 September 2016). "Afreximbank appoints new executive vice president". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Afreximbank, . "Afreximbank: Headquarters And Branches". AfrExImBank.Com/Afrexim/En (Afreximbank). Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- The Editor, Editor (11 June 2014). "Shareholders Raise Afreximbank's Capital, Reinvest US$20.5 Million Dividend". Business Day Online (Nigeria). Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "23RD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS". AFREXIMBANK CONFERENCES AND EXHIBITIONS. AFREXIMBANK. 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Afreximbank, . "Afreximbank: Shareholding Structure And Shareholders". AfrExImBank.Com (Afreximbank). Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Reuters, . (17 October 2013). "Fitch Affirms African Export–Import Bank At 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Business, Reporter (10 December 2012). "Afreximbank Capital Bid Gets Nod". The Herald (Harare) ©2013 The Herald.