From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up agency in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Agency may refer to:
- A governmental or other institution
- The abstract principle that autonomous beings, agents, are capable of acting by themselves: see also autonomy
See #Media and fiction, below for fictional agencies.
- Advertising agency, a service business dedicated to creating, planning and handling advertising for its clients
- Employment agency, a business that serves as a representative, acting on behalf of another
- Government agency, a department of a local or national government responsible for the oversight and administration of a specific function
- International agency, an inter-governmental body
- News agency
- The Agency, a nickname for the Central Intelligence Agency
- Agency (law), a person acting on behalf of another person
- Agency (LDS Church), "the privilege of choice ... introduced by God"
- Agency (moral), capacity for making moral judgments
- Agency (philosophy), the capacity of an autonomous agent to act, relating to action theory in philosophy
- Agency (sociology), the ability of social actors to make independent choices, relating to action theory in sociology
- Agency and structure, ability of an individual to organize future situations and resource distribution
- Agency (country subdivision)
- Agency, Iowa, USA
- Agency, Missouri, USA
- Agency, Montana, USA
- Agency Township, name of townships in four US states
Media and fiction
- Agency (film), a 1980 film starring Lee Majors
- The Agency (2001 TV series)
- The Agency (2006 TV series)
- The Agency (comic book)
- The Agency (film), a 1980 Canadian film
- The Agency (video game)
- The Agency, name of the fictional secret government organization in the 2000 TV series The Invisible Man.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Agency.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.