Agnieszka Kurant (born 1978 in Lodz, Poland) is an interdisciplinary, conceptual artist who examines how economic, social, and cultural systems work in ways that blur the lines between reality and fiction. She studied at the University of Lodz and holds an MA in Curating from Goldsmiths College, London. Kurant is particularly interested in “the economy of the invisible,” which she explores in her work by creating imaginary locations, information systems, facts, and realities. Her work has been exhibited widely, including the Venice Biennale 12th International Architecture Exhibition, and is in the permanent collection of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. Her work has been reviewed in major publications such as The New York Times, Art in America, frieze and Artforum, where she also has been featured as a contributing writer. She is represented by Tanya Bonakdar Gallery in New York, where she lives and works.
In 2015, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum commissioned her work The End of Signature to be projected onto the outside facade of the building and accessioned it to be part of the museum's permanent collection. Her first solo exhibition in the United States, exformation, was featured at Sculpture Center in 2013 and she had a solo exhibition at the Center for Contemporary Art, Tel Aviv in 2017. In 2010, Kurant represented Poland (along with the architect Aleksandra Wasilkowska) with the presentation Emergency Exit at the Venice Biennale 12th International Architecture Exhibition. Kurant is the 2017 visiting artist at MIT.
- exhibit-e.com. "Agnieszka Kurant - Artists - Tanya Bonakdar Gallery". www.tanyabonakdargallery.com.
- "BOMB Magazine — Agnieszka Kurant by Sabine Russ". bombmagazine.org.
- "polish pavilion at venice architecture biennale: emergency exit". designboom | architecture & design magazine. 2010-08-31. Retrieved 2017-11-25.
- "End of Signature".
- Johnson, Ken. "Agnieszka Kurant: 'Variables'". New York Times. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- Considine, Austin. "Agnieszka Kurant at Tanya Bonakdar". Art in America. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Exit Ghosts".
- "Artforum Critics' Picks Agnieszka Kurant at Tanya Bonakdar Gallery".
- Kurant, Agnieszka. "Dispatch: Art in Warsaw". Artforum.
- SculptureCenter. "SculptureCenter Exhibition - Agnieszka Kurant: exformation". www.sculpture-center.org. Retrieved 2017-11-25.
- "Assembly Line".
- "Agnieszka Kurant".