This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016)
|Location||508 Kawaguchi Mori-no-ue, Kaneyama-machi, Ōnuma-gun, Fukushima-ken 968-0011|
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Tadami Line|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||September 20, 1956|
Aizu-Kawaguchi Station (会津川口駅, Aizu-Kawaguchi-eki) is a railway station on the Tadami Line in the town of Kaneyama, Ōnuma District, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan, operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East).
Aizu-Kawaguchi Station has a single island platform connected to the station building by a level crossing. The station is staffed.
Platform (March 2007)
|1||■ Tadami Line||for Tadami and Koide |
for Aizu-Miyashita, Aizu-Bange and Aizu-Wakamatsu
|2||■ Tadami Line||for Aizu-Miyashita, Aizu-Bange and Aizu-Wakamatsu|
Aizu-Kawaguchi Station opened on September 20, 1956, as the terminus of an extension of the eastern section of the Tadami Line from the previous terminus at Aizu-Miyashita. In 1963, the line was extended from Aizu-Kawaguchi to a new terminus at Tadami. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japanese National Railways (JNR) on April 1, 1987.
Due to damage caused by torrential rainfall on July 30, 2011, services between Aizu-Kawaguchi and Tadami stations were replaced by a provisional bus service. The closed section resumed operations on 1 October 2022.
In fiscal 2017, the station was used by an average of 57 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- Numazawa Lake
- Kaneyama Town Hall
- Kawaguchi Post Office
- Tadami River
- National Route 252
- National Route 400
- "Tadami Line User Manual" (PDF). Union Workshop. Archived (PDF) from the original on 7 July 2022. Retrieved 5 July 2022.
- "只見線、2022年10月1日全線運転再開へ" [Tadami Line to resume operation on October 1, 2022]. tetsudo.ch (in Japanese). 18 May 2022. Archived from the original on 18 May 2022. Retrieved 18 May 2022.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2017年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2017)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2018. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Transfer onto Kaneko Kanko Bus bound for Aizu-Tajima Station at this bus stop
- JR East station information (in Japanese)