Akron Northside station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2021)
|Location||27 Ridge Street|
Akron, Ohio 44308
|Owned by||Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad|
|Operated by||Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||1880 (Valley Line)|
|Previous names||Akron (Howard Street)|
Akron Northside is a Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad train station in Akron, Ohio. It is located adjacent to Ridge Street near Howard Street. It is the southern terminus of the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.
This location was previously served by the Howard Street station of the Valley Railway (which was acquired by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad starting in 1890). Trains began stopping here in 1880. By 1948, the station was served by the Cleveland Night Express, Shenandoah, and Washington Night Express.
- "Stations list". Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.
- Sanders, Craig (2007). Akron Railroads. Arcadia Publishing. pp. 11, 16, 28, 29. ISBN 0738541419.
- "In Running Order". The Summit County Beacon. 4 February 1880. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad System Time Tables (PDF). July 18, 1948. pp. 22, 23. Retrieved 9 May 2021.
- "Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad". American Rails. Retrieved 9 May 2021.