From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Alawi, Alawite, or Alevi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alawi/Alawite/Alavis/Alavids/Alevis (Arabic: علوي) may refer to:
- Alawi (sheikhdom), a historic principality in Yemen
- Alawite State, a French mandate territory in the coastal area of present-day Syria
- Alavi, Iran (disambiguation), places in Iran
- Alavids, Zaydi Alid dynasty of the Tabaristan, Daylam and Gilan
- Alawites, a prominent religious Shia minority sect in Syria, also known as Nusayris or Arab Alawites
- Alevis, a religious community in Turkey
- Alavi Bohra, an Tayyibi–Mustaali–Ismāʿīlī Madh'hab in India and Pakistan
- Alaouite dynasty, the name of the current royal family of Morocco
- Ba 'Alawi sada, a family and social group in Yemen and descendants of Imam Ahmad al-Muhajir
- Ba 'Alawi tariqa, a Sufi brotherhood in Yemen, also known as "Tariqa Alawiyya"
- Chinarism, an alternative branch of Alevism in Turkey, also known as Ishik Alawis
- Alawi (name), a surname and given name
- Alavi (surname), a surname for descendants of Ali, especially in South Asia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alawi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.