Albert C. Knudson
|Albert Cornelius Knudson|
|Born||January 23, 1873
Grand Meadow, Minnesota
|Died||August 28, 1953
|Education||University of Minnesota and Boston University|
|Employer||Boston University School of Theology|
Albert Cornelius Knudson (January 23, 1873 – August 28, 1953) was a Christian theologian in the Methodist tradition, associated with Boston University and the school of liberal theology known as Boston personalism.  
Albert Cornelius Knudson was born in Grand Meadow, Minnesota. He was the son of Rev. Asle Knudson (1844-1939) and Synnove (Fosse) Knudsen (1842-1916), both of whom were immigrants from Norway. The family subsequently moved to Saint Paul, Minnesota. Rev Asle Knudson regularly traveled by train to Grand Meadow to minister at the Danish-Norwegian Methodist Church until shortly before his death in 1939.  
Albert Knudson studied at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (A.B. 1893) and Boston University (S.T.B. 1896, Ph.D. 1900). He attended Jena University and Berlin University (honorary Th.D. 1923). After teaching briefly at the University of Denver and Baker University, Baldwin City, Kansas and at Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania, he began his long career in Boston University where he later became dean of the Boston University School of Theology (1926-1938). 
Albert Knudson was married to Mathilde Johnson (1872–1948) in 1899. He died on August 28, 1953 at his home in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- The Old Testament Problem (1908)
- Present Tendencies in Religious Thought (1924)
- The Philosophy of Personalism: A Study in the Metaphysics of Religion (1927)
- The Beacon Lights of Prophecy: An Interpretation of Amos Hosea, Isiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Deutero-Isiah (1929)
- The Doctrine of God (1930)
- The Doctrine of Redemption (1933)
- The Validity of Religious Experience (The Fondren lectures) (1937)
- The Principles of Christian Ethics (1943)
- Personalism in Theology with Edgar Sheffield Brightman (1943)
- Basic Issues in Christian Thought (1950)
- Anngeister, John (June 19, 2011). "Albert C. Knudson – American theologian". WordPress.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Williams, Thomas D.; Jan Olof Bengtsson (December 2, 2013). "Personalism". Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Shook, John R. (2005) "Knudsen, Albert Cornelius" in Dictionary of Modern American Philosophers, Volume I (A&C Black. Page 1325) ISBN 9781843710370
- Harley Flathers (September 11, 2015). "You can lend a hand this Sunday with Grand Meadow Church". PostBulletin.com, Rochester, MN. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Hall, Timothy L. (2003) "Knudsen, Albert Cornelius Methodist Theologian, Educator" in American Religious Leaders (Infobase Publishing. Page 205-206) ISBN 9781438108063
- Deats, Paul (Ed.) (1986) The Boston Personalist Tradition (Mercer University Press) ISBN 978-0865541771
- Brightman, Edgar Sheffield (1979) Personalism in Theology: a Symposium in Honor of Albert Cornelius Knudson by Associates and Former Students (New York: AMS Press. reprint of the 1943 ed. published by Boston University Press) ISBN 0404590861
|This article about a Christian theologian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|