Former post office in Alberta
|Elevation||177 ft (54 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
The community has the name of Alberta Bush, the wife of a railroad official.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Alberta has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps. 
- Marie Foster, leader in the Civil Rights Movement during the 1960s.
- Joseph Smitherman, mayor of Selma, Alabama for 35 years.
- US Census 2010 for zip code 36720 Archived September 11, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Alberta, Alabama
- Foscue, Virginia O. (1989). Place Names in Alabama. University of Alabama Press. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-8173-0410-2.
- Climate Summary for Alberta, Alabama
- Martin, Douglas (September 12, 2003). "Marie Foster, Early Fighter For Voting Rights, Dies at 85". New York Times.
- Martin, Douglas (September 13, 2005). "Joseph Smitherman, Mayor in Selma Strife, Dies at 75". New York Times.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|