||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
He was a Deputy to the Assembly of the Republic in the V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XI Legislatures, President of the Parliamentary Committee for Constitutional Affairs, Rights and Liberties between 1995 and 1999, President of the Portuguese Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and the WEU and Vice-President of their Members of Parliament (VIII Legislature) and President of the Parliamentary Group of the Socialist Party.
- "New Citizen's Rights' (Don Quixote, 1994)
- 'Right to Citizenship ", (Don, 2000 - Lisbon)
- Source Assembly of the Republic
- From 25 October 1999 to 6 April 2002 Minister for State Reform and Public Administration of the XIV Constitutional Government
- Minister of Justice of the XVIII Constitutional Government