3 November 1968
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, screenwriter, digital artist|
His early films, Drillbit and Bad Karma, featured many musicians from the UK anarcho punk scene, notably Ben Bethell, Dan MacCintyre, William 'Bill' Corbett from The Apostles and Julian Portinari from Pallor.
Cradle of Fear
Chandon was once known primarily for specialising in straight-to-video micro-budget horror films, but his latest projects, especially Borderline (2006), featuring music by The Dark Poets, show a more mature side to his work. Borderline has now been chosen for the British Film Institute's National Archive.
Chandon's short Teleportal, the script for which was adapted from Paul Shrimpton, was made into a short film. The short premiered on 16 September 2009 and was released as segment of the anthology film Zombieworld in February 2015 on DVD.
Chandon's relationship with Cradle of Filth has also produced music videos for the songs "From the Cradle to Enslave", "No Time to Cry" and "Her Ghost in the Fog", as well as documentaries on their DVDs PanDaemonAeon and Heavy, Left-handed and Candid.
|1991||Bad Karma||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Shape Shifter|
|1998||Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels||No||No||No||No||No||No||Art Department|
|Cradle of Filth: Pandaemonaeon||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Co-Director|
|Witchcraft X: Mistress of the Craft||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Agent Roberts|
|2001||Cradle of Fear||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|2003||The Sick Room||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Slash Hive||No||No||No||No||No||No||Digital FX|
|2008||The Bill||No||No||No||No||No||No||Digital FX|
|Neon Killer||No||No||No||No||No||No||Digital FX|
|Comedy Lab - Peter Slater||No||No||No||No||No||No||Digital FX|
|1999||"From the Cradle to Enslave" by Cradle of Filth|
|2000||"Her Ghost in the Fog" by Cradle of Filth|
|2001||"Born in a Burial Gown" by Cradle of Filth|
|"No Time to Cry" by Cradle of Filth|
|"Scorched Earth Erotica" by Cradle of Filth|
|2007||"Insect" by Mainstream Distortion|
|2008||"KONFAB" by Runonsentence|
|2010||"Its So Cold" by The Dark Poets|
|"Endless Zoom" by The Dark Poets|
|"Sarah's Tribute to Oscar Wilde" by The Dark Poets|
- Videotests3 -> Interview mit Alex Chandon
- Monsters At Play: An Interview with Alex Chandon Archived 26 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The UK Frowns Upon the Inbred". DreadCentral.
- Cradle Of Fear Official Homepage
- Current Release Info – 'Beyond The Pale'
- "Borderline" by Alex Chandon
- "Feathers Are Ruffled Over Inbred Flick". Shock Till You Drop.
- Locals object to plans to make horror movie in Thirsk
- Reed, Becky (20 September 2012). "Interview: Inbred Director Alex Chandon". This Is Fake DIY. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Wilson, Stacy Layne (20 September 2012). "Exclusive Zombieworld Q&A with Several of the Segment Directors". Dread Central. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Zombieworld – Explanations, Eviscerations, and Reflection
- Barton, Steve (24 February 2015). "Zombieworld Tuesday – THE END IS HERE!". Dread Central. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- The Worldwide Celluloid Massacre: Alex Chandon