||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Alexander H.G. Mascioli
August 30, 1975
Ponce, Puerto Rico
|Employer||North Street Capital, LP|
Mascioli has been involved in Dutch automaker Spyker Cars and Swedish automaker SAAB Automobile. Mascioli and SAAB Chairman & CEO Victor Muller came to a deal in which North Street would aqcuire the supercar maker Spyker from Swedish Automobile, which began to struggle financially with SAAB, for $43.5 million in cash, and the proceeds would be used to pay off company debt. Shortly afterwords another deal was struck in which Alex Mascioli would pay $70 million to buy shares of SAAB and issue a convertible note of $60 million collateralized by SAAB's assets. In 2011, the press reported that Mascioli might take over 100% of SAAB and in an interview with Reuters it was mentioned that he had the capacity to take over the company should he chose to do so.
- "North Street Capital Buys Spyker for $43.5 Million". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "UPDATE 4-Saab owner to sell Spyker for 32 mln euros". Reuters. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "North Street Capital Puts $70M into Saab Owner". PE HUB. 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Saab wins $70m lifeline from private equity car-lover - BBC News". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Roumeliotis, Greg (2011-10-20). "Saab owner spurns Chinese takeover". Reuters. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "On the Road All-Wheel Drive Chic: Beauty Meets Beast". web.archive.org/web/20120401163735/http://www.scribd.com/bhaiji12/d/71276826-East-Coast-Home-Design-2010-Fall. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- Bloomberg: Mergers & Acquisitions
- MotorTrend: Goodbye Netherlands, Hello America: Saab’s Parent Sells Spyker to American Firm
- Car & Driver: Spyker Sold! We Interview the New Owner, Alex Mascioli of North Street Capital
- Reuters: Car enthusiast Mascioli says determined to save Saab
- Business Today: Saab wins $70m lifeline from private equity car-lover
- "On The Road With Alex Mascioli", Drop Top Intimidation
- Life With Saab: The latest knight in shining armour drives Saab
- The Deal Magazine, Movers & Shakers
- Private Equity Firm Comes To SAAB's Rescue
- North Street Capital website