This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Homage to David Bowie
Alexander Westerman (born 1969 ) is a United States of America Creative Director based in Los Angeles. He began his career as an Art Director having studied at Ithaca College and New York University. Currently Westerman is the executive creative director for OpusLA.
Alexander Westerman started out as a prop master and art director. Westerman's experience ranges from television to movie and theater productions. He was an executive in charge of development at Bona Dea Productions, a production executive of The Weissberger Theatre Group, and a year as an assistant to producer Fred Zollo. In 2000, Westerman left his job at Disney to found a start-up called RadicalZoo. RadicalZoo was to be a destination for independent filmmakers.
RadicalZoo folded in 2003. Westerman joined the staff of Nickelodeon in 2004 and went on to create award-winning sites and applications for the company. Westerman lead the team that created Nicktropolis the award-winning and much loved virtual world. In 2009, Westerman left Nickelodeon to become Creative Director Worldwide Marketing and Communications for Mattel.
In 2007 - 2008, Westerman created an Adobe Air application as an Adobe launch partner. The application was the first game to be created using the air runtime. The game allows users to engage in a scavenger hunt, collecting jig saw puzzle pieces and assemble and solve the puzzle offline in the Air runtime.
In 2012 Westerman joined Guthy-Renker as head of digital creative.
Westerman is also the publisher of a popular amusement park and roller coaster website; ThrillNetwork.com. ThrillNetwork is large community dedicated to provide news and information about the amusement park industry. The site contains one of the most comprehensive databases of statistical data on almost every park and ride in the world.
Westerman's background is diverse. He was classically trained as a ballet dancer studying at The School of American Ballet in NYC. While attending Ithaca College he choreographed ballets for the dance school, two of which were critical successes: La Belle et la Bete  and Flight of Icarus. In 1989 Burt Supree of the Village Voice reviewed Westerman's performance and choreography as a member of The Saga Dance Company.
At Nickelodeon Westerman served as Production Director of Nicktropolis. Nicktropolis is Nickelodeon's massively multiplayer online game and massively multiplayer online role-playing game that is part of Nick.com.
Transformers Game - A Transformers Game and area, based on the popular Hasbro toys, is being developed. Teams will compete for Nickpoints and prizes. Game players will have to choose which team to join, evil DECEPTICONS or the noble AUTOBOTS? These two opposing teams will battle it out for control of the elusive Energon Cubes. The area will contain brand new rooms, features, and gameplay, this is sure to be the next evolution of games in Nicktropolis.
Involvement with REDCAT Theater
In 2017 Westerman accepted a position on the REDCAT (Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater) COUNCIL having served as a Circle member from 2010-2017. As a council member Westerman has presented the following productions: Christiane Jatahy: What if they went to Moscow? The Wooster Group: THE B-SIDE: “Negro Folklore from Texas State Prisons" A Record Album Interpretation, A PINK CHAIR (In Place of a Fake Antique), Wallace Shawn's The Designated Mourner, The Room by Harold Pinter and The Town Hall Affair.
Awards for associated websites
- Webby Awards 2010 - Online Games - Mattel.com/games
- Webby Awards 2008 - Social Networking - Nicktropolis.com
- Webby Awards 2008 - People's Choice Best Youth Site - Nick.com
- Parents' Choice Award 2008 - Nicktropolis.com
- Parents' Choice Award 2008 - Nick.com
- Webby Award 2007 - People's Choice Best Youth Site - Nick.com
- In 2004, ThrillNetwork.com was named Forbes Summer 2004 Best of the Web Pick.
Parental control for multiple virtual environments of a user
United States US20110219084 A1
Issued March 7, 2011
A computerized method is for controlling a virtual environment of a user and includes providing, over a communications network, a plurality of virtual environments in which a user is able to interact with other users using electronic messaging. The computerized method also includes transmitting, from an authentication server, information about the plurality of virtual environments to a first computing device associated with an agent in response to user request for access to a restricted electronic messaging format associated with one of the virtual worlds. The computerized method further includes receiving, at the authentication server, an indication of authorization from the first computing device, wherein the indication of authorization includes a separate indication of authorization associated with each of the plurality of virtual environments.
System and method for controlling a virtual environment of a user
United States 11,840,647
Issued August 17, 2007
A method and a system for controlling a virtual environment of a user, e.g., a child is provided. In the virtual environment, users are able to interact with other users using messages. Each message is made up of one or more items contained in a dictionary. Information is transmitted, e.g., by e mail, to an agent, e.g., a parent. The transmitted information is information that may be used to authorize the agent to control the virtual environment of the user. The virtual environment of the user is controlled by setting a level of interaction at which the user is permitted to interact with others. The messages may include pre-written messages and messages composed by a user using items contained in the dictionary. A message checker bars unsuitable combinations made up of items contained in the dictionary. Inappropriate language and personally identifiable information may be excluded from the contents of the messages.
- Hot Wheels
Selected theater and filmography
- Out of the Box (The Disney Channel: Season 1 and 2)
- Peroxide Passion (T. Michael Film)
- Hit and Runway (Lot 47 Films)
- Surprise (The NY Picture Company)
- Nickelodeon Pilot “BUS # 9” (MTV Networks)
- Frongs for Snakes (The Shooting Gallery)
- The President's Christmas Tree (Shochiku Entertainment)
- Hell's Kitchen (Kushner-Locke Company)
- The Substance of Fire (Miramax)
- Mississippi Burning (Orion Pictures)
- Oleanna (play) (Samuel Goldwyn)
- Naked in New York (New Line Cinema)
- Quiz Show (Hollywood Pictures)
- Broadway Bares VI - Less Is More
- "Internet Movie Database". 2007-01-29. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- Dan Kadison (2001-05-13). "Are You Working Your Life Away? If, So You're Not Alone in This Job-Obsessed City, But Here's Why You Should Give Yourself a Break". The New York Post. Retrieved 2001-05-15.
- Chris Erikson (2001-05-06). "A Wing, a Prayer And Presto, It's Web TV". The New York Times. Retrieved 2001-05-06.
- Robert Scoble (2008-02-26). "Adobe Air Engage 2008". Archived from the original on 27 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-26.
- "Nasdaq Earnings Call - Spark Networks, Inc. (LOV)".
- "12 Hollywood Weddings on the Way - The Hollywood Reporter". 2013-08-08. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Fifty States—Plus D.C.—and Fifty-One Ways to Get Married". 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- Patty Jacobson (1989-12-07). "Thematic diversity expands Horizon". The Ithacan. p. 17.
- Tammy Lynch (1991-02-14). "Unusual dance exceeds limits". The Ithacan. p. 11.
- Tammy Lynch (1991-02-14). "Unusual dance exceeds limits". The Ithacan. p. 14.
- Supree, Burt (1989-07-11). "Contrivances". The Village Voice Burt Supree Critic Archive.
- Mike Jovel (2007-01-29). "Parents' Choice Awards". Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "Transformers Teams in Nicktropolis". Archived from the original on 2008-12-31. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- "REDCAT Council member page". 2009-06-08.
- "Christiane Jatahy: What if they went to Moscow?". 2018-10-26.
- "The Wooster Group: THE B-SIDE: "Negro Folklore from Texas State Prisons" A Record Album Interpretation". 2018-12-07.
- "The Wooster Group: A PINK CHAIR (In Place of a Fake Antique)". 2017-12-18.
- "André Gregory directs Wallace Shawn's The Designated Mourner". 2016-12-19.
- "The Wooster Group: The Room by Harold Pinter". 2015-08-13.
- "The Wooster Group: The Town Hall Affair". 2016-08-13.
- "Webby Award 2010 - Official Honoree Mattel Games Portal mattel.com/games". 2010-05-29. Archived from the original on 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "Parents' Choice Awards: Website". 2008-09-29. Archived from the original on 14 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-29.
- "Forbes Magazine Best of the Web". 2007-01-29. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "Parental control for multiple virtual environments of a user". 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "System and method for controlling a virtual environment of a user". 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2007-08-17.