The neutrality of this article is disputed. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Spark Networks SE (AMEX: LOV) is a global dating company with a portfolio of premium brands designed for singles seeking serious relationships. These brands include EliteSingles, JDate, Christian Mingle, eDarling, JSwipe and Attractive World. Formed in 2017 through the merger of Affinitas GmbH and Spark Networks, Inc., the company has a presence in 29 countries worldwide and is publicly listed on the NYSE American LLC exchange under the ticker symbol “LOV.”
Initially launched in 2001, ChristianMingle.com is the largest online community of Christian singles. The site serves singles who are looking to date and marry within the Christian faith. ChristianMingle has over 9 million registered members.
The site partners with other Spark Networks properties, including DailyBibleVerse.com, to enhance the faith-based offerings for the online community. ChristianMingle's Statement of Faith is as follows: "The basis for our faith is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Lord and Savior of the world and God’s written Word, the Bible. We believe that embracing what God said allows us to live in freedom, joy and purpose.”
The plot of the film Christian Mingle features the website.
Launched in 1997, Jdate.com is a niche dating site that caters to Jewish singles. It has more than 750,000 members worldwide. In addition to the U.S. site, there are also Jdate websites with unique domain names for Israel, the United Kingdom and France Jdate.co.il, Jdate.co.uk and Jdate.fr).
ResearchNow, an independent research company, found that JDate is responsible for 52 percent of Jewish marriages that started online. This makes JDate responsible for more Jewish marriages than all other online dating sites combined.
Designed for educated professionals seeking committed, long-term relationships, EliteSingles operates in over 25 countries.
eDarling is a leading European online partner agency aimed at singles looking for long term relationships.
JSwipe is the largest and fastest growing Jewish dating app, with over 600,000 users across 70 countries. Launched on Passover 2014, the millennial-focused swipe dating app allows young Jewish people to find love, romance, and friendship in their local communities and across the world.
Attractive World is a premium dating site that allows existing members to decide whether or not new applicants are suitable to join the community based on their submitted profiles.
In addition, a number of properties are included in Spark Networks’ portfolio, including LDS Singles and Adventist.
The company was founded by Joe Y. Shapira in 1997 under the name MatchNet plc.
JDate.com, founded in 1997, was the company's first venture into online dating. The other key web property, ChristianMingle.com, was introduced in 2004.
In January 2005, the company changed its name to Spark Networks because management felt that the new name more sharply distinguished the company in the marketplace.
On November 10, 2014, JDate launched a dating app designed for Jewish singles.
On October 14, 2015, Spark Networks announced the acquisition of Smooch Labs, owner of the popular millennial Jewish dating app JSwipe. Spark Networks launched CROSSPATHS, a dating app that helps like-minded Christians find matches, on October 8, 2015.
Redesigns of the JDate and ChristianMingle websites were announced in 2015. In addition to revamped branding, the site makeovers featured technology changes (including expanded mobile capabilities), a re-designed inbox and a new “daily matches” feature. JDate’s redesign went live on November 18, 2015, while ChristianMingle’s went live on December 17, 2015.
On November 2, 2017, Spark Networks SE (NYSE American: LOV) announced the successful completion of the previously announced merger of Spark Networks, Inc. and Affinitas GmbH in a stock-for-stock transaction. The combination created a worldwide premier online dating platform, with brands including EliteSingles, eDarling, Jdate, Christian Mingle, JSwipe, and Attractive World serving a broad spectrum of users across 29 countries and 15 languages.
David Siminoff followed by Daniel M. Rosenthal formerly served as Chief Executive Officers of the company. The current Spark Networks leadership team  consists of:
- Jeronimo Folgueira, Chief Executive Officer & Director of the Board
- Benjamin Hoskins, Chief Technology Officer
- Rob O’Hare, Chief Financial Officer
- Herbert Sablotny, Chief Strategy Officer
- Michael Schrezenmaier, Chief Operating Officer
In 2013, the company authorized the repurchase of $5 million of its outstanding common stock as a reflection of confidence in the long-term business.
- "ChristianMingle.com – The Leading Christian Singles Network!". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Jdate.com – The Leading Jewish Singles Network! Explore the Possibilities". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Spark Networks – Home to Some of the World's Most Iconic Niche-Focused Brands". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- Dealbook. "Parent of Dating Sites Looks for a Match". DealBook. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- Hill, Logan. "At ChristianMingle and JDate, God's Your Wingman". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "MatchNet plc Changes Its Name to Spark Networks plc". Online Personals Watch: News on the Dating Industry and Business. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "JDate Launches New App, Making It Easier Than Ever to "Get Chosen" - Spark Networks". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Spark Networks Acquires Smooch Labs, Owner of the JSwipe Mobile Application - Spark Networks". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Faith and Love Meet on New Dating App for Single Christians - Spark Networks". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "From Spark to Fireworks: Online Dating Brands JDate and ChristianMingle Get Makeovers - Spark Networks". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Meaningful Matches Are Ready to Be Made on the All-New ChristianMingle - Spark Networks". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Spark Networks and EliteSingles Complete Merger". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Spark Networks : Investor Relations - Management Team". investor.spark.net. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Spark Networks – Contact Us". Spark Networks. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Spark Networks, Inc. Announces $5 Million Stock Repurchase Program". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-03-02.