|Leader||Alex and Brett Harris|
The Rebelution is a Christian ministry/organization directed at youth, describing itself as "a teenage rebellion against low expectations." It was founded in August 2005 by twin brothers Alex and Brett Harris, younger brothers of best-selling author and former pastor, Joshua Harris.
At age 16, Alex and Brett started a blog called The Rebelution. Since then, the Rebelution movement has grown to include a website and international speaking tour.
Expanding on the topic of the blog, the Harris brothers have published two books for Christian teenagers, Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations (2008) and Start Here: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are (2010) with WaterBrook Multnomah, a division of Random House. The Rebelution Tour, a series of one-day conferences for teens and parents, took place every summer from 2007 to 2011.
Alex and Brett Harris
Alex and Brett Harris have been featured nationally on MSNBC, CNN, NPR, and in The New York Times. They were supporters of the campaign of Mike Huckabee. Their father is Gregg Harris, a figure in the Christian homeschooling movement. Alex graduated from Harvard Law School, and served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. In 2017, Brett co-founded the Young Writers Workshop with Jaquelle Crowe, an online membership based workshop for young Christian aspiring writers.
The Modesty Survey
The Modesty Survey was an anonymous survey aimed at Christian teenagers, gathering quantitative and qualitative answers of what Christian boys consider to be immodesty. Hundreds of Christian females submitted questions to the 148-question survey and over 1,500 Christian males participated. It has been endorsed by Shaunti Feldhahn, R. Albert Mohler, Jr., C. J. Mahaney, and Joshua Harris, among others. Some groups criticized the survey for treating modesty as something that pertains only to girls, or as something that men get to define.
- "Teens: Don't Be Lazy". National Public Radio. May 23, 2008. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- "Rebels With A Cause". Breakaway Magazine. September 2007. Archived from the original on November 20, 2008. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- "Young Evangelicals Find a Candidate in Huckabee". National Public Radio. January 18, 2008. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- Stirlan, Sarah Lai (January 15, 2009). "Huckabee's Secret Weapon: Evangelical Twin Teens With Internet". Wired. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- "Life After Law School". Veritas. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- The young writer.
- "Young Writers Workshop". Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- "The Modesty Survey". The Rebelution. Archived from the original on January 29, 2009. Retrieved January 29, 2009.
- Bridger, Haley (January 30, 2008). "A dress for a novel occasion". Hamilton-Wenham Chronicle. Archived from the original on February 7, 2008. Retrieved January 29, 2009.
- "Modesty Survey Endorsements". The Rebelution. Retrieved January 29, 2009.
- "Guys on Immodesty: Lust and the Violence of Women's Bodies". Sociological Images. Retrieved July 29, 2010.