|Members||Mark Ballas |
Alexander Jean is an American husband-wife pop rock duo made up of Mark Ballas and BC Jean. The name for the duo is a combination of their two middle names. Ballas and Jean who first met in 2012. Mark Ballas was performing in a band while BC was singing her own material. They became an official music duo in 2015. The couple married in November 2016.
Their debut single was "Roses and Violets". The single reach the Top 20 on Billboard's Hot 100 "Bubbling Under" chart. Alexander Jean were picked in November 2018 as Elvis Duran's Artist of the Month. The duo was featured on NBC's Today show hosted by Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford, broadcast nationally in the United States where he performed a live version of their single "Waiting for You".
Mark Alexander Ballas Jr. (born May 24, 1986) is an American dancer, choreographer, singer-songwriter, musician, and actor. He was in the 2012 Broadway musical Kinky Boots and the Off-Broadway musical Jersey Boys. Between 2005 and 2010, he was member of The Ballas Hough Band, an American pop rock band fronted by Ballas and Derek Hough. Ballas is a professional ballroom dancer on the ABC program Dancing with the Stars (DWTS). He began competing on the show in season five during the fall of 2007 and was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Choreography in 2011. Ballas released his first solo CD HurtLoveBox in March 2011.
Brittany Jean Carlson (born April 22, 1987), better known by her stage name BC Jean, is an American singer-songwriter and actress, perhaps best known for writing the song "If I Were a Boy" which was later sung by Beyoncé and achieved worldwide commercial success.
- 2017: High Enough
- 2016: "Roses and Violets"
- 2016: "So Bad"
- 2017: "Paper Planes"
- 2017: "We Three Kings" (feat. Casey Abrams)
- 2018: "Stampede" (feat. Lindsey Stirling)
- 2018: "Waiting for You"
- Brooke Bajgrowicz (13 December 2018). "How Alexander Jean Turned Relationship Woes Into Heartfelt Music – And a Real-Life Love Story: Interview". Billboard. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- Chris Malone (29 November 2017). "Mark Ballas & BC Jean Update Christmas Carol 'We Three Kings' in New Video". Billboard. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- Varga, George (September 10, 2010). "Starbound? Major label debut by San Diego's BC Jean out Monday". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on October 10, 2016. Retrieved September 15, 2010.
At 23, San Diego native BC Jean...
- Lewis, Randy (September 10, 2010). "BC Jean is ready to greet the world". Pop Music. Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 15 September 2010. Retrieved September 15, 2010.