Alexandre Henrique Gonçalves Freitas
|Full name||Alexandre Henrique Gonçalves de Freitas|
|Date of birth||27 August 1991|
|Place of birth||Funchal, Portugal|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2013–2014||Vitória Guimarães B||27||(5)|
|2017||→ Moreirense (loan)||14||(2)|
|2018||→ Pro Vercelli (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 August 2018|
During his only season as a senior with the northerners, 2009–10, Alex was summoned to four games with the first team: on 17 October 2009, he played 20 minutes against Sertanense F.C. for the Portuguese Cup after coming on as a substitute for Mariano González in a 4–0 home win; he also remained on the bench in two League Cup matches and the 2–1 home triumph over APOEL FC in the UEFA Champions League.
Alex scored his first goal for the team on 22 October 2011, netting through a penalty and also providing an assist in a 2–1 home defeat of U.D. Oliveirense. He repeated the feat the following weekend and in the same fashion, helping the visitors draw 2–2 at C.D. Aves.
Alex managed to find the net in his Portuguese top flight debut on 4 April 2014, but in a 1–3 home loss to G.D. Estoril Praia. On 31 January 2017, having been rarely played over the course of his third and fourth seasons, he was loaned to fellow league side Moreirense F.C. until June; he scored twice during his short spell – including once in a 3–1 home win against Porto – helping to a narrow escape from relegation.
In the 2017 off-season, Alex moved abroad for the first time and signed with U.S. Salernitana 1919 from the Italian Serie B. In the following transfer window, he was loaned to F.C. Pro Vercelli 1892 in the same tier.
In 2009, Alex was part of the Portugal under-19 side that failed to make the 2009 UEFA European Championship. As the country qualified for the next edition in France, he contributed with four goals in six matches and was picked for the final squad in an eventual group stage exit.
- "O clássico bis de Farías, o clássico 4–0 e um adolescente recordista" [Classic Farías brace, classic 4–0 and teenage record breaker]. Público (in Portuguese). 17 October 2009. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Hulk marvel leaves Ferreira smiling". UEFA. 21 October 2009. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Santa Clara regressa às vitórias" [Santa Clara return to wins] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 22 October 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Desportivo das Aves e Santa Clara anulam-se" [Desportivo das Aves and Santa Clara annul each other] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 30 October 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Extremo Alex é reforço" [Winger Alex is an addition]. Record (in Portuguese). 3 July 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "V. Guimarães-Estoril, 1–3 (resultado final)" [V. Guimarães-Estoril, 1–3 (final score)] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 4 April 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Oficial: Alex chega emprestado" [Official: Alex arrives on loan]. Record (in Portuguese). 31 January 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Rio Ave 3–2 Moreirense" (in Portuguese). SAPO. 12 March 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Moreirense vence FC Porto (3–1) e consegue a manutenção na Liga (vídeo)" [Moreirense beat FC Porto (3–1) and manage League survival (video)] (in Portuguese). Guimarães TV. 21 May 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Tommaso D'Angelo (5 July 2017). "Alex, primo acquisto della Salernitana" [Alex, first acquisition of Salernitana] (in Italian). Cronache Salerno. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Raffaella Lanza (31 January 2018). "Pro, gli ultimi colpi di mercato sono Alex e Paghera. Siligardi rimane al Parma" [Pro, the last market deals are Alex and Paghera. Siligardi stays at Parma]. La Stampa (in Italian). Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Oscar treble wins thrilling final for Brazil". FIFA. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 7 April 2016.