Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alfred Perot, a photo by Eugène Pirou
|Died||28 November 1925 (aged 62)|
|Known for||Fabry–Pérot interferometer|
|Awards||Janssen Medal (1912)|
Rumford Medal (1918)
There is some confusion about the spelling of Perot's last name. Perot himself used the spelling Pérot in scientific publications, but according to the French civil registry, his family name was Perot, without accent.
- Fabry, C; Perot, A (1899). "Theorie et applications d'une nouvelle methode de spectroscopie interferentielle". Ann. Chim. Phys. 16 (7).
- Perot, A; Fabry, C (1899). "On the Application of Interference Phenomena to the Solution of Various Problems of Spectroscopy and Metrology". Astrophysical Journal. 9: 87. Bibcode:1899ApJ.....9...87P. doi:10.1086/140557.
- "Séance du 16 décembre". Le Moniteur Scientifique du Doctor Quesneville: 135. February 1913. Archived from the original on 2014-10-28.
- Métivier, Françoise (September–October 2006). "Jean-Baptiste Alfred Perot" (PDF). Photoniques (in French) (25). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-11-10. Retrieved 2007-10-02. (inset "Pérot ou Perot?" on the second page. Translation: "In the previous issue...we wrote "Pérot", after the spelling that Alfred Perot himself used to sign his articles. Several readers pointed out to us that the "official" spelling — that is, the one used on the birth certificate — does not have an accent.")
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alfred Pérot.|
- Joseph F. Mulligan (1998). "Who were Fabry and Pérot?" (PDF). Am. J. Phys. 66 (9): 797. Bibcode:1998AmJPh..66..797M. doi:10.1119/1.18960. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-22.
- "Alfred Perot, un expérimentateur et inventeur de talent" A good biography, in French.
|This article about a French physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|